What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help Sundance vs jacuzzi  (Read 3215 times)

luvmykids

Need help Sundance vs jacuzzi
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:03 pm »
Hi, Just started looking for a new hot tub & I need some opinions to help me make a decision.
I think I narrowed it down to 4 different tubs. Pelase tell me what fair prices would be in PA

SD Majesta, Jacuzzi J - 365,  
SD Optima, Jacuzzi J - 470  

1-Dealer has a 2004 SD optima w/stereo & 6 month parts & labor warranty. They said the tub is in great but the Pearl finish is crazing on the top.  What do you think about this & what would be a fair price?

Thanks for all your help
AC

Hot Tub Forum

Need help Sundance vs jacuzzi
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:03 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Need help Sundance vs jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:46:31 pm »
AC--I don't know where in PA you are from, I am south of Pittsburgh.  There is a great Jacuzzi dealer out here along Rte 19 that we visited (but I think we will go with Arctic, anyway) and we wet tested an '08 470 with stereo, lights, cover, lifter, chems, ozonator, delivery (except crane, I am sure), and even if we ordered it in our colors, our best price was $10,500.  Included steps too.  The dealer is very nice, open late hours, and accomodating.  Wet test whatever you can, but if you wet test the J470, sit in the waterfall seat and those two, big, circulating jets will turn your lower back to mush!!  Grrrrooooowwwlllll.... ;)  If you need more information on the dealer, let me know and I can PM you.  The $10,500 price is about average for what people have been quoted on the forum, in various states, though most of them were looking at the 480's.  

Good luck and have fun wet testing!! ;)

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:26:21 pm »
Both Jacuzzi and Sundance are made by the same company.  They are both very high in quality.  What your decision should come down to is the wet test and the dealer.   Pick the spa that fits best and the jets feel best, then make sure the dealer is a good dealer and will service your spa down the road.  Find out how long they've been in business.  How long they've carried their brand.  If they haven't carried it for long, do they change brands often or did they just get the opportunity to sell a better spa so they switched.

You'll do fine with either brand.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:12:20 am »
I got down to the Sundance Optima and Jacuzzi J-470. Optima was 10,900 and J-470 was 10,400 before taxes. Both were great. We ended up buying the Jacuzzi J-470 and love the raised waterfalls and jets.

Good Luck,
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

fdegree

• 2007 Sundance Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:46:26 am »

I live just a little south...Delaware.  Back in July we bought a brand new 2007 Optima with cover, lifter, CD ozone, delivery and start-up chemicals.  Total cost = $9300.  They were going to include steps too, for an additional $200, but we built a deck around the tub instead.  We didn't like the color of the skirting, so they even changed the skirting on the floor model with another tub they had in the "back" at no charge.  They were a great dealer to work with.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:43:11 pm »
Both the Majesta and the Optima are 880 series spas by Sundance which are at the same level as the 400 series Jacuzzi.  300 Series Jacuzzi is a step down.  880 Sundance and 400 Jacuzzi have many of the exact same components including comtroller and pumps.

I would pay about $3000. - $3500. for an 04 running Optima in good condition with a 6 month dealer warranty.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:47:20 pm by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:43:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42