What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brown Rust color coming from heater  (Read 3070 times)

Shanezam203

Brown Rust color coming from heater
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:00:19 pm »
Hey Guys, today I saw a brown rust color coming out of the bottom of the tub, the area where the heater is.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?  I have a Jacuzzi j-345.

Is it something wrong with the tub, or hard water?

Thanks,
Shane

Hot Tub Forum

Brown Rust color coming from heater
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:00:19 pm »

benalexe

Re: Brown Rust color coming from heater
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:18 pm »
I am no expert but going to try on this one.  Are the unions tight?  THe first thing I would want to find out is why is it leaking?  Then the next thing rust? Do you use stain and scale preventer? I know this is not a solution but just some things to think about.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:44:54 pm »
Are you typing about a stain on the inside of the tub where the hot water returns?

If so, it is most likely just a reaction to iron in the water - ozone tends to make it worse if you have a system.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Shanezam203

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »
Are you typing about a stain on the inside of the tub where the hot water returns?

If so, it is most likely just a reaction to iron in the water - ozone tends to make it worse if you have a system.

8-)
Yes, I'd take a picture if I could but I doubt it would come out.  The heater at the bottom, where the HOT water comes out if you turn the heat up... Bubbles come from it, and hot water.

There is a brown rust like color down there, leaving a mark on the bottom of the tub.

I can clean it when I am inside and I wipe the bottom of the tub with a brush, but I am wondering if it is the water or a part gone bad...

The water is 5 months old.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:08:15 am »
Do a refill and add a bottle of Metal Gon while tub is filling back up. If you still experience staining you'll know it's not from your source water.

Shanezam203

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »
Do a refill and add a bottle of Metal Gon while tub is filling back up. If you still experience staining you'll know it's not from your source water.
Ok, Ill try that.

Thanks guys,
Shane

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42