What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Preassure switch  (Read 2651 times)

benalexe

Preassure switch
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:27 pm »
So as many of you know  I keep getting this "flo" indicator on my dispaly and everything then locks up.  This was happening randomy. I tried belleding the lines etc.

I called thermospas and made an appointment for service but in the meantime the guy suggested I look at the preassure switch.

I decided to take off another pannel and found the preassure switch.  Apparently this is a very easy replacement.  Turn down the 2 isolations valvues. The disconnect the 2 wires for the switch and twist it out and screw a new one in.

I went to a local sp store and they sold these switches.  $52 later I have the switch in my hand and will atempt to fix it when I get home from work.

I am very confident my issue will be solved.  

Just saved a lot of money on service call.

FYI- Thermospas phone support has been outstanding.  

Hot Tub Forum

Preassure switch
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:27 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Preassure switch
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:30:52 pm »
One way to isolate the pressure switch is to jump the two wires.  If the spa works with the wires jumped, then the Pressure Switch is probably not working properly.  Used to do that on swimming pool heaters to see if the P/S was the culprit.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 04:36:43 pm »
Van,

How do I jump the switch- Touch the wires together?

Also what is the dial for on the switch?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 04:50:51 pm »
Prior to replacing the switch, I would attempt 2 things;

• Clean your filters or remove them completely. Turn off your main breaker for 5 minutes and reset it. Sometimes a dirty filter can cause an FL reading and restrict flow.
  • Sometimes a very slight adjustment on the pressure switch (the dial thingy you made reference to) can solve a problem if not the above mentioned. An adjustment should be made prior to replacing it. Start with a 1/4 of a turn in one direction and reset. If it doesn't work, bring it back to its original position and try the same thing the opposite way and do it again.

I'm hoping you see this before you take apart your spa...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:53:49 pm by Steve »

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:09:55 pm »
Filters are new and I am sure that is not the issue.  Taking the spa apart is probaby an overstatement.  It seems to me remove two wires.  Unscrew the switch-  Screw in the new one connect the wires.

Of course first close the isolation valves  and wrap the new switch with teflon tape.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:28:45 pm »
Just trying to be helpful...sorry 'bout that. ::) I wouldn't try the adjustment either...just replace it.  :-X

benalexe

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:38:41 pm »
Great news!!! that was the problem. It took me 30 seconds to replace the preasure switch and now everything seems perfect

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:38:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42