What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Test Strip Verification  (Read 1531 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Test Strip Verification
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:51:02 pm »
Good morning/afternoon everyone,

I have the spa-stick thingy that I placed in between the pleats of my filter per dealer instruction.
When I use a test strip I notice the reading for the free chlorine is low-very low. Everything else is cool.
My dealer told me that it's OK as the spa-stick is doing the job.
Is that accurate? My water has been clear since the start.

In case anyone asks, I put a half-cap of shock after every use. Every Saturday morning I put in a half-cap of the sanichlor. Again, that's per dealer instruction.

Skellman

Hot Tub Forum

Test Strip Verification
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:51:02 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Test Strip Verification
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:38 pm »
You can run a lower chlorine level with the stick (I am guessing Nature2) They way you are doing your chemicals is the low chlorine recipe. It should be fine. If your water is ever cloudy or does not smell right you can give it an extra dose of the sani chlor to "super shock" it.

The minerals in the stick help to sanitize the water along with the sanichlor. The shock you are using oxidizes the wastes in the water, along with ozone if you have it.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Test Strip Verification
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42