What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What a water weekend!  (Read 3243 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
What a water weekend!
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:18:11 pm »
Opened up my pool to greenish water ... filling up as we speak, can't wait to hit it with bleach, turn on the filter and get it clean and clear.

Went to go use the hot tub and it was yucky too. Never got it cleared up after it turned cloudy and I guess after the water being almost 6 months old - what can I expect. So I shocked it, put in swirl away and running the pumps to clean it out good. Of course I only have one hose bib outside and I have to wait to that dang pool is filled before I can clean it out...

Hot Tub Forum

What a water weekend!
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:18:11 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: What a water weekend!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:24 am »
I have a large-diameter 100' long garden hose which just reaches around from the front of our house. That is where the water enters the building and that bib has twice the flow of any other on our place. It fills the tub in half the time or less. We do this on some deliveries as well.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:02:43 am »
In my infinite wisdom I placed the pool in the far corner of my yard. I figured the kids (and adults too) can splash as much as they like without disturbing anyone else.

My front hose bib is probably over 150 ft away from the pool. As far as a large diameter hose ... I believe I'm using the largest non comercial hose I can buy (I think 1/2 inch).

It's been 3 partial days of filling and I guess I needed to fill the pool at least 1/4 way up. Of course my brain didn't think to close the filter's drain so I lost a few hous of the water just going into the pool, going through the filter and draining at the same rate.

I'm almost there though!

But I also have had swirl away in my tub now for 24 hours and my tub will be squeeky clean!!! After the tub fills I will start the tub project of claening out the swirl away and then refilling.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:04:18 am by Vinny »

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:08:09 pm »

But I also have had swirl away in my tub now for 24 hours and my tub will be squeeky clean!!! After the tub fills I will start the tub project of claening out the swirl away and then refilling.[/quote]

What is Swirl Away?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:55:00 pm by tony »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:46:49 pm »
Well I have a friend who I met on this forum. He gives me great advice about my pool and spa water situations. ;)..So this is what my above ground pool looked like when I opened

I was also going to dump my tub (my water is 51/2 months old) but I cleared it and decided that because I was also doing this,

I may just leave it alone for a while or drain and not refill.
I have a well and between the pool, tub and pond...I need LOTS of water. :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:46:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42