What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover  (Read 6006 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Promised pics of "Doc's" new hot tub cover
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:51 pm »
bohms,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Yeah, that was me as seen here:

Hurricane Dennis 2005

I hope ol' Dennis is done with me...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:52:45 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:51 pm »

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 01:53:31 pm »
Wow!  That's crazy!  :o  Good thing the tub is up on your deck!  Was your house ok?  Did you get a lot of flood damage?  Was that the worst storm since you've lived there?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 02:06:18 pm »
That is indeed why the deck was built 8' off the ground...had 4' to spare...this time!  House was fine and I got off light...only about $1500-$1800 plus one full week of cleanup work for me.  Fortunately, I plan for the worst and hope for the best so my family (except me) and our vehicle were all inland about 7 miles or so.  Lawn mowers, bikes and such were up on the deck...mostly in the covered porch.  The only real significant damage for me was my HVAC system that is located about 8" above grade in a small storeroom under the house...cost about $1000 to get that going again.  The rest was replacing some tools and such.

Some of my other neighbors weren't so lucky (or planned as well) as some lost vehicles and others lost their entire house.  I felt lucky and good about planning ahead.

Oh, and BTW, phones were back on in 2 days, electricity in 3 days and cable in 4 days...not bad at all for an area so decimated.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 02:16:24 pm »
I would have thought it would have been a lot worse than that.  Very good planning on your part.
I can't believe how quick they got everything up and running again....amazing.  Hopefully you'll never have to go through anything like that again.

Enjoy that gorgeous view and I hope that cover lasts a very long time!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 02:16:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42