What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Critters in my shell?  (Read 3167 times)

benalexe

Critters in my shell?
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:34:09 am »
This may be a silly question but it seem sot be the space between the shell and the tub would be an awsome place for little critters (rats,. mice, squirlles) to set up shop for the winter.  It is warm and dark.

Does this happen much?  Anyway to prevent that from happening?  

Does it happpen?  What's to stop them from eating the pipes?

Hot Tub Forum

Critters in my shell?
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:34:09 am »

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
Re: Critters in my shell?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:55:28 am »
yes mice will get in to this area. I noticed mouse dropings and chewed up insulation in the pump well area of my spa last week when i changed the water. this happened one other year in my spa but i didnt do anything to prevent it.  Terminator told me to seal the open part of the pump well area with wire mess to keeep the mice out . so i guess that will be a project to do today ,as i dont want mice next year again.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:26 am »
I keep mouse poison in my equipment bay all the time, just in case.  There are mouse repellent products to use.  Moth balls will keep pests away, but the odor is present.  Dryer sheets are also supposed to work.

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:58:27 am »
I keep mouse poison in my equipment bay all the time, just in case.  There are mouse repellent products to use.  Moth balls will keep pests away, but the odor is present.  Dryer sheets are also supposed to work.

The concern I would have with poison is that the mouse or rat would go in and die in there and it would stick to holy hell.  Then try and get the remains out?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:33:17 pm »

The concern I would have with poison is that the mouse or rat would go in and die in there and it would stick to holy hell.  Then try and get the remains out?

I've found dead mice right in the equipment compartment.  I just get rid of them, whole.  Better than them living there...they can cause problems.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:14:23 pm »
Cats work well for me...though I have to put up with'em!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:14:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42