What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Now for something completly different??  (Read 25061 times)

Summitman

Re: Now for something completly different??
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 01:34:34 pm »

It does give me considerable tingling in the aforementioned nether regions to hear that my innocuous ramblings are subject to comprehension by people of all ages.  Although I realize that it is not quite up to the verbal standards of "NO-BYPASS WOO HOOO!!!" with which others are more comfortable, it does my heart good to know that the youth of our nation are able to find semblances of proper grammatical representation upon this forum.

Thank you.

Termie

FYI,
From my experience on the message boards when the grammatical and spelling police arrive, usually that poster has been had.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 01:34:34 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 01:41:24 pm »
[glow]I hate to get off topic but...[/glow]

Jacuzzi Jim,

How is the quest to present the Battle of the Brands going?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »
I think the concept is awesome and I tried for YEARS to organize such an event. A few of the key dealers in the city were interested and we all knew each other and didn't slam anyone so it could have worked but it never did materialize. When done with class, it just creates awareness and an environment for all to succeed in a "one stop shop"!

Hope it works out and I'd love to hear the results!

Steve

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 02:05:11 pm »
It is going to take me days to comprehend the deep meanings of this thread. Since I don't smoke cubans, I wish I had a spa in the backyard so I could relax and take it all in.

Scott  :-?

I think you'll require far stronger "goods" than cubans to make sense of termie's posts here Scott! ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 02:06:39 pm »
It sounds like a good idea. If I were a dealer of another spa brand and the Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance dealers were getting together for a big, organized, advertised spa show I'd be envious.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 03:44:54 pm »
 Couple things here, we are still waiting to hear from the HS dealer.  And as far as other dealers we only went with us 3, why I don't know.   Nobody likes the D1/cal-spa dealer.  I don't think the Marquis dealer will want to shell out the money, nor will the Beach comber guy.

As far as MSRP goes,  Some have started comparing apple to apples not apples and oranges which I was not really going to go into for fear of a huge debate.  ;D

The thing is the Grandee and Vista and other HS spas line up to the 300 series better than the 400.  The 400 is a different spa and in my opinion in a different category than those.    The Grandee lines up with the J-375 (lounge)and the J-365.  The Vista lines up as well to the J-375 and the J-355. And if looking at these spas side by side spec's for spec's  it is easy to see.    

Will see what kind of hornets nest this stirs up??

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 04:00:40 pm »

As always, I found myself easily amazed at myself as I closed my eyes and ears and mind and envisioned your post from some time ago "I just tell customers that HotSprings are overpriced hunks of plastic" or some semblance thereof written in a not-too-bygone era.  

Jacuzzi Jim said that?  

Wtf?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 04:08:31 pm »
That's good information to work with, Jim.

OK, since HotSpring doesn't have anything that matches up to the J-480 in your opinion, you will either have to do one of two things in order to make this comply with some type of structured format as you have indicated:

1.  Do as I originally suggested and bring your big dog (J-480) and the other two possible participants bring their big dogs (Vista & Maxxus), display all three spas at their Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, and then let the three salespeople justify the prices displayed by selling the spa on it's own merits......or.....

2.  Have mercy upon HotSpring and bring your comparable J-3whatever, display it at it's MSRP ($10-13K???), and sell it against the HS and whatever Sundance Spa you deem is comparable.

I'm seriously trying to help you avoid any semblance of illegal price fixing, which I'm sure many of the other industry professionals on this forum picked up on in the original post.  It is also, quite possibly, the reason that the HS dealer is somewhat reluctant to become involved in this until a legal and ethical format is established.

Keep us informed and use your good common sense.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 04:34:13 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim said that?  

Wtf?

Yes, in this thread, but he was drunk and later expressed regret, although he did not retract his statement.

Be sure to read the whole thread, very revealing.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1204596875/0

Term
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 04:45:03 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »
To save the search here is the remark that was made while Jim was in a drunken state of mind and he didn't mean it:

To clear a few things up, I don't bash the competition during a sales presentation, I do show them the benifits of why they should own a Jacuzzi, and I don't just come out and say a Hot Springs is an overpriced hunk of plastic.

Usually when the subject comes up, it is after the sale has been made or during the write up, even as long as a week or two later when they comment how happy they are they purchased a Jacuzzi. I go through the pricing with the customer, and it sometimes comes up how the Hot springs they were looking at was so high priced.   I simply say, yes I believe they are over priced for what you get.

So can we now just admit that both Hot Springs and Jacuzzi's are both great hunks of plastic and move on.

Thanks,
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 07:27:45 pm »
That's good information to work with, Jim.

OK, since HotSpring doesn't have anything that matches up to the J-480 in your opinion, you will either have to do one of two things in order to make this comply with some type of structured format as you have indicated:

1.  Do as I originally suggested and bring your big dog (J-480) and the other two possible participants bring their big dogs (Vista & Maxxus), display all three spas at their Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, and then let the three salespeople justify the prices displayed by selling the spa on it's own merits......or.....

2.  Have mercy upon HotSpring and bring your comparable J-3whatever, display it at it's MSRP ($10-13K???), and sell it against the HS and whatever Sundance Spa you deem is comparable.

I'm seriously trying to help you avoid any semblance of illegal price fixing, which I'm sure many of the other industry professionals on this forum picked up on in the original post.  It is also, quite possibly, the reason that the HS dealer is somewhat reluctant to become involved in this until a legal and ethical format is established.

Keep us informed and use your good common sense.

Term

Term     As far as bringing spas we plan on bringing as many as the space will allow prolly a 20X40 tent, and their will be more than one sales person working.  To go to this big of an event and only bring 1 or 2 of the big boys and duke it out between those 2  wouldn't make sense, I like the J-480 but its not OUR top seller,will we bring it? I dont know yet.  I know we will have a J-470 and probably a mix of the most popular 300 and 200 series.  Sundance and Hot springs I am sure will do the same.  We are pretty civilized up here, and I am sure we can keep our selves in accordance with what ever pricing structure we/they decide on.   I may not even have a say in it, I don't own the company.

We all have margins to maintain, so I am sure we will all have our own prices adjusted to wear we should be for such an event, IE the home show and the state fair.  We don't sell off MSRP there either.

Thank you though for your advice.

Correct me if I am wrong but you seem awfully concerned about the pricing and equality of spa's, almost to the point where I get the feeling you think we are there to just screw over or belittle the Hot springs  spa??  

Regardless of what I said in that other post, that you so graciously keep bringing up,I really do have a lot of respect for Hot Springs,I would be a fool if I didn't.   People buy what they like and what fits em.  Just ask Chrisi or anybody else here for that matter.  I sell way more Jacuzzi's because of the product it is not just  because of the name, some people buy that story which is a good one.  But if I were to rely solely on that my kids would be running around barefoot, which they do anyway but its not because I cant afford shoes for them.

Anyway I am really looking forward to the event,I think it will be a lot of fun.  I am sure we will all sell spa's and hopefully be a great jump start to the fair.

Sorry if I am reading you wrong, its easy to do on a forum where the right emotion is hard to convey  :)

It should also be noted it wont be up to me or us what they bring,they are big boys and can decide for themselves what they want to bring.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:02:24 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 10:40:17 pm »
LOL... so JJ didn't actually SAY that Hot Springs is an overpriced hunk of plastic...  ::) I think Chris is just play'n with ya JJ and sees that you didn't actually say that.

Anyway, back to the pricing "concerns" of some... WHO CARES? If one dealer plays a stupid game at this or ANY event, their sales will show the result of a poor decision. Let any of 'em come to it with whatever pricing strategy they want I say! Consumers know these games and I doubt that any strong dealer will play the HUGE mark 'em up - mark 'em down game. If I were one of those dealers selling against that, I'd have a field day and some pretty sweet sales too! That's so damn easy to sell against that I doubt anyone would come to an event like that with such a feeble pricing strategy... ::)

There's no need for anyone to know what the others are coming in with. Bring your best pricing and have fun!!  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 01:22:22 am »
I'll try to make this simple for some of you....

1.  Jim wants to have a spa battle....I read this and think "That sounds cool."

2.  Jim says "We will all have to follow some kind of pricing/guidelines/rules".....NOT cool, possibly illegal, assuredly unethical in regards to the customers.

3.  I propose a simple solution to avoid ramifications of #2....it manages to fly right over the heads of some.  Asshattery commences on cue from the usual place.

4.  Obfuscation ensues and...once again...some can't seem to think their way past the first layer of this decidedly more complex scenario...so, they get stuck on MSRP and that's where they'll probably stay.

5.  Some seem to think that I'm concerned about "pricing" and "fairness".  Hell NO!  From the get go, I say line them up, give it your best shot and price, and may the best product win.  THAT is capitalism and THAT is fair to the customers.  Anything else smacks of collusion.

6.  The crux of the whole thread is plain as day for those who are able to look past their nose.

Jim, I hope you're able to pull this off in an ethical and legal fashion.  I think it's a great idea if you can make it work.  I'm anxious (as I know you are since it was the point of your thread) to hear what ideas some of the learned professionals have to offer.

Good luck!

Terminator
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:14:51 am by East_TX_Spa »

Spatini

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 09:20:45 am »
It is going to take me days to comprehend the deep meanings of this thread. Since I don't smoke cubans, I wish I had a spa in the backyard so I could relax and take it all in.

Scott  :-?
sounds like a little more than cubans were smokin to me. :o

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 09:23:45 am »
sounds like a little more than cubans were smokin to me. :o
OK, so they are very small cubans..  ;D ;D ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 09:23:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42