What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New buyer  (Read 6427 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
New buyer
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:07 am »
I have been reading this forum for several days and I am still a bit confused. I really like the J480 by Jacuzzi and I was going to look at Artesian (we have a factory outlet in Maryland).  I just couldn't get past the Jacuzzi sales person and I'm not sure how trusting I should be.  I was quoted a "special" sale price for the 480 of 13,500 with cover/lifter, steps and stereo. Does that sound right? I just don't know how to judge the price differences?

I REALLY want one badly! But I need to do the research to work on the hubby!!  LOL

Hot Tub Forum

New buyer
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:07 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New buyer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:51:47 pm »
   Depends on which Artesian your looking at??  13,500 seems high to me least higher than we are.  Did you wet test either, and there are other brands out there as well.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:59:45 pm »
Jim, The 13, 500 was for the Jacuzzi we have not looked at Artesian yet, they have a factory store in Baltimore we have purchased two above ground pools from them in theh past.  We like the sales people but I LOVED the Jacuzzi 480. I'm just having trouble with the price.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:23 pm »
Jim, The 13, 500 was for the Jacuzzi we have not looked at Artesian yet, they have a factory store in Baltimore we have purchased two above ground pools from them in theh past.  We like the sales people but I LOVED the Jacuzzi 480. I'm just having trouble with the price.

That does seem awfully high. See if there are any other Jacuzzi dealers around to see how they are pricing them (all spa manufacturer websites have dealer locators to see who is local to you).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »

I knew 13,5 was for the Jacuzzi, what I am saying is depends on which Artesian you are looking at,they can get up to 13,000 pretty quick.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:56 pm »
Sorry, dummy me! And this dealer is the only one around unless I leave the State.

Calypso

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 02:47:12 pm »
If you are willing to spend in the $13,000 range you should be able to purchase almost any top end spa from a reputable manufacturer and dealer. You do not need a factory outlet that close as the shipping premium is not that high if you are willing to wait 3 to 5 weeks.

Wet test as many spas as you can in your area. Jacuzzi, Arctic, Sundance, Hotsprings, Caldera, D1, Beachcomber to name a few. My preference is Pacific spas but I doubt there is a store near you.

The wet test will give you abetter idea of features that you want and will confirm that the spa fits you. If you still want the 480 it may help in the negotiations to state that $13,500 is beyond your budget and you will have to go with another spa that you have wet tested.

For example while it was not as nice as the J480 the Sundance Cameo was a nice spa and it was closer to $10,000. I believe sundance is owned by Jacuzzi.

Get out there and wet test and report back on what you discovered.

good luck
2007 Pacific Calypso

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:52 pm »
I have been reading this forum for several days and I am still a bit confused. I really like the J480 by Jacuzzi and I was going to look at Artesian (we have a factory outlet in Maryland).  I just couldn't get past the Jacuzzi sales person and I'm not sure how trusting I should be.  I was quoted a "special" sale price for the 480 of 13,500 with cover/lifter, steps and stereo. Does that sound right? I just don't know how to judge the price differences?

I REALLY want one badly! But I need to do the research to work on the hubby!!  LOL

$13K for a 480 is WAY high.  The general street price (what most people are ACTUALLY paying for them) is around $10,500 with Stereo included.  Some have gone as low as $9,500.  Make him an offer of $10K and walk away when he says he can't do it.  He will be calling you back in a week in an attempt to negotiate soemthing in between.  It's then up to you if you want to stand firm on the $10K price tag.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:09 pm »
Totally agree.  We looked at a 470 (no lounger like the 480) and LOADED we were given a best price of 10.5 k.  Wet test--I really liked the waterfall seat on the 470 with those 2 huge rotating massage jets--putty!!!!

We looked at Artesian, but the dealer was 3 hrs away and very difficult to deal with.  Never got to wet test it to compare it to.  Make sure you evaluate the brands in your area to enusre you are getting the best tub at the best price at the best dealer.  I believe 50% of the sale is the tub, and the 50% is the dealer.

You Definately can't go wrong with Jacuzzi.

Still, my top running contender is the arctic TUndra (once we wet test it--2 other models are greeat!!)

Good luck, KC ;)

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 10:28:39 pm »
The price depends on a few things. My J-470 with stereo, steps, ozone, and cover was $10,400. I added 4 pro-lights, cover lift, and a Jacuzzi robe. Now with tax and adds I was out the door for $11,900. They told me that the J-480 would be an additional $1080.00 with tax. So my price out the door for a J-480 would have been $12,980. Don't know if this helps but there's my price...

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:29:29 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Saved by Grace

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 10:38:50 pm »
I just got done soaking in our 3 week old 2008 J480.  We paid $10k with steps, ozonator, lift and NO stereo.  As suggested in a previous post have a second tub in mind and tell the Jacuzzi dealer a price and be ready to walk.  Also, be sure to wet test before you buy.  We absolutely love our 480 but it may not be for you.  (although I couldn't imagine anyone not falling in love with all the different jets and seats  ;) )

Good luck,
Fred

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 11:06:39 pm »
So Fred and Chrisi was your price before tax and adds, or was that out the door pricing?

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 12:01:05 am »
The only Artesian that was comparable to the J-480 was the Platinum Elite Dove Canyon , with the stereo I was quoted a price of 12900.00 + tax .I really liked the tub although I felt some of the parts ( like controllers , water features , and the control panel) seemed kinda cheap , maybe they were fine but not as robust feeling as the Jacuzzi, I ended up with the Jacuzzi j-480 , it is an awesome tub , and after a week of soaking every night I am in love with the lounger , I would have been disapointed had i not included the lounger, my neighbors also both loved the lounger and I could not get them out of it,
Now apparently I got a really awesome deal on my spa as I paid 9685 thats with 4 Pro-lights on all the outside corners ( these are great as they are controlled by a photocell and light up around the outside of tub and gude you to tub without being to bright) a Pro ozonator (the MAximum output unit ) the Aquasound stereo with Ipod dock, remote , and subwoofer ( this sounds great by the way - gotta have it ) matching steps . cover , cover lifter , SpaFrog and all chemicals, also 4 Jacuzzi towels, out the door with tax was 10685.00 , now I know this is not typical but I think you can get a better price on the Jacuzzi than 13500. anyway shoot him a counter deal and see if he will come down on price. I had a really hard time deciding between the Artesian Piper Glen/ or Dove Canyon and the Jacuzzi J-480 . but the Jacuzzi eventually won out with the extra features and the price.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 04:41:50 pm »
Anyone hear of LeisureBay? Any ideas on quality of these spas? Yea or Nea?

Thanks so much for the patience!!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »
Anyone hear of LeisureBay? Any ideas on quality of these spas? Yea or Nea?

Thanks so much for the patience!!

Krabby:

Since it looks like your still jumping around on brands of tubs, and since your in Maryland, I'll just let you know we have some great HotSpring dealers in our area.  

- If you're in the Baltimore area, I have friends who have bought several tubs from Regina Pools and Spa in Timonium and they
  love their dealer.  

- If you're in the D.C. area, my dealer, HotSpring Spas of Washington, has been great.

- Both of these dealers have been selling HotSpring Spas since the early '90s.

- Both dealers have great free Kool-Aid.   ;D

Rich

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:40:48 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42