What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New HS Prodigy Owner  (Read 11217 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: New HS Prodigy Owner
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 01:28:19 pm »

Price had nothing to do with it. The saleman being ignorant is what it's all about. I should be able to ask about any spa I want I'm the one spending the money!

I trying to point out that ignorance can be on both sides of the fence. I didn't read the whole story but certainly lieing to get a sale is definately a sleazy way of doing things.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 01:28:19 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 01:41:55 pm »
Not looking to impress you but ....

I have vowed to donate 10% of money that I actively trade and make money to donate to charites; unfortunately I haven't made much but I have donated some.

In the past I have donated money, clothing and food for people less fortunate than myself. Don't donate to big name charities but to grass roots types to get the most out of my donation.

I have donated blood but don't because the hospital I work at only gives it to their patients and not to a blood supply.

I won't have an organ donation on my license because I don't trust healthcare professionals to do the right thing ... unfortunately money talks.

I rescued a dog vs buying a purebred to save a life. Will only do that for now on ... I don't need a purebred because of a status thing.

I coached kids sports for a total of about 6 years.

Thanks for making me look back on the good I've done.

Calypso

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 02:05:29 pm »
Well, since you asked....

I tip extra big at the exotic dance clubs, as many of the strippers are single moms trying to work their way through community college.

I tried taking a stripper home as a charitable act. I did not realize that a bouncer can throw a person more than 15 feet through the air.

I donated platelets for years until our hospital system screwed it up and assigned it to a government agency. I never knew the recipients but I did receive a letter from anonymous kids thanking me for saving their mom. Still feel good about that and it was over 10 years ago. One lady wanted my platelets especially as she was getting better and planned to go to Hawaii. The other choices were a policeman and a monsigor from what I was told. I think she just wanted mre to up her blood alcohol level before she left.

Remember live by my motto Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

PS for heavens sake keep your monkeys in their closets    

2007 Pacific Calypso

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 02:08:29 pm »
I won't have an organ donation on my license because I don't trust healthcare professionals to do the right thing ... unfortunately money talks.

Vinny,
I have new found respect for you after that post but I have to comment on this one because I've been a donor since the day I got my license. I won't argue with your lack of faith in the healthcare system but here basically are the four alternatives:

1) You donate and they provide your organs to the neediest/next in line person. Great thing!!! I wish this happened 100% of the time but we know why you're skeptical.
2) You donate and someone skips protocol and they provide it to some rich guy who needs an organ but shouldn't be next in line,
3) You don't donate and they take it anyway and it either goes the way of #1 or #2 (this is probably very rare and we'll assume #2 gets it since they took it without consent),
4) You don't donate and you get buried with all your good parts in tact.

#1 is great,
#2 and #3 provides needed organs but is wrong,
#4 does no good.

As much as I'd be pissed if #2 or #3 happened I can't go the route of #4. If I was to skip it because of the potential for #2 and #3 then there's less chance of helping the right people and what the heck, I don't think I'll need my organs anymore when my time comes.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 02:38:32 pm »
Not looking to impress you but ....

I have vowed to donate 10% of money that I actively trade and make money to donate to charites; unfortunately I haven't made much but I have donated some.

In the past I have donated money, clothing and food for people less fortunate than myself. Don't donate to big name charities but to grass roots types to get the most out of my donation.

I have donated blood but don't because the hospital I work at only gives it to their patients and not to a blood supply.

I rescued a dog vs buying a purebred to save a life. Will only do that for now on ... I don't need a purebred because of a status thing.

I coached kids sports for a total of about 6 years.

Thanks for making me look back on the good I've done.

You rock, Vinny!!!  And, thanks for being HONEST.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:40:05 pm by wewannahottub »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:17 pm »

Vinny,
I have new found respect for you after that post but I have to comment on this one because I've been a donor since the day I got my license. I won't argue with your lack of faith in the healthcare system but here basically are the four alternatives:

1) You donate and they provide your organs to the neediest/next in line person. Great thing!!! I wish this happened 100% of the time but we know why you're skeptical.
2) You donate and someone skips protocol and they provide it to some rich guy who needs an organ but shouldn't be next in line,
3) You don't donate and they take it anyway and it either goes the way of #1 or #2 (this is probably very rare and we'll assume #2 gets it since they took it without consent),

#1 is great,
#4 does no good.

As much as I'd be pissed if #2 or #3 happened I can't go the route of #4. If I was to skip it because of the potential for #2 and #3 then there's less chance of helping the right people and what the heck, I don't think I'll need my organs anymore when my time comes.

Thank You, Spatech, you are unreal!!

I am an organ donor, and since I am no longer anemic after having certain parts removed, donate blood.

I have the utmost respect for both of you.

My other biggest dream==philanthropy--I would love to just buy houses for homeless and run a shelter.  I give to food drives, clothing drives, and private charities.  Not tooting my own horn, I could do more.  I do alot at work and bring in alot of stuff for patients.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

SDCPL858

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »
Glad to see everyone jacking my thread. Oh well it's all good. 8-)

Water Boy

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 04:30:30 pm »
Here we go- Lets get this back on Track:

SDCPL858- Congrats on your new spa. Your gonna love it. Its too bad that the other dealer was like that to you, but I dont blame you for walking right out like you did. If it doesnt feel right at the time of the sale or when prcing is being talked about, then what will it be like later down the road. Sounds like you made the wise choice! Enjoy!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Calypso

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 04:42:02 pm »
Yes congratulations. Forgot to mention it during the derailment. Ok everybody back on track and back to work.

Thanks to everyone for the interesting day of comments and ensuring that I did not get much work done today as I weaved back and forth through the threads.

Post the pictures when it is set up
2007 Pacific Calypso

SDCPL858

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 07:02:49 pm »
Thank you everyone for your input and we will post some pics when she's up an runnin.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 08:21:35 pm »

Vinny,

#1 is great,
#4 does no good.

I hear what you're saying, agree somewhat with what you're saying and I go back and forth with it but I kind of went the way I feel after Mickey Mantel got a liver and died shortly of cancer... if that was you or I we would not even have gotten a chance.

I've said this before that I feel fortunate to be able to afford the stuff I have. I feel fortunate to be able to have a computer, talk on a hot tub forum and not worry too much of where my next meal is coming from ... all this is petty compared to having to wonder where we were all going to sleep tonight ... something that 1,000s of people do worry about!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 12:17:39 am »

I hear what you're saying, agree somewhat with what you're saying and I go back and forth with it but I kind of went the way I feel after Mickey Mantel got a liver and died shortly of cancer... if that was you or I we would not even have gotten a chance.

I think 95% of the time it goes to the right place. If thats the case (or whatever the %s are) I'd still prefer to help 95 of the right people and 5 Mickey Mantles as opposed to taking my organs with me to the incinerator.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:21:29 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 01:45:43 am »
I donated an organ to a homeless shelter, and bled when the lid came down on my hand. We were near the dinning room, so there were plates - and I'm sure some little platelets had to be nearby as well.  And we recycled the moving blankets.

Does that count?

Oh- and welcome to Spatopia. May you soak long and prosper.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 01:35:57 pm »
WOW... looks like im late to the party..... lol

I'm really glad that you made your decision on getting your new spa! Congratulations and enjoy your new Prodigy!!  :)
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 02:17:42 pm »
oh and i almost forgot.....

I am Batman
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 02:17:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42