What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New HS Prodigy Owner  (Read 11212 times)

SDCPL858

New HS Prodigy Owner
« on: May 20, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »
 Well, we did it. we went down last night and bought a Hot Springs Prodigy it will be delivered on 5/29 :). We ended up going back to the Catalina dealer one last time to make out final decision and heres what happen: They did not have a CL900 for us to wet test so we tested the closest thing they had to it. After the wet test we went back to talk to the sales guy again and started talking numbers.  After a few mins. I asked him how much could he do such an such of spa for? He looked me in the eye and said "I think you need to figure out what spa you want and then we'll go from there"! My wife looked at me cause she knew I'd had it with ignorant sales people by now, I looked at the guy and I said you know what? and he says what? I said you just sold a Hot Springs Prodigy. He says we don't sell Hot Springs here, I said I know the place we're going to right now does. We stood up and started walking to the car. This guy follows us all the way to the car flapping his gums about this and that. We go to get in the car and he offers the same spa at an even lower price then we started at. I kindly gave him the one finger wave and drove off. :o Sorry this is so long but thought some of you might enjoy this lil story. So yeah Prodigy here we come we can't wait.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:00:46 pm by SDCPL858 »

Hot Tub Forum

New HS Prodigy Owner
« on: May 20, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New HS Prodigy Owner
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »
Congrats on the new spa! You're going to love it.

Great Story.   ;D ;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

SDCPL858

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:19:56 pm »
Yea, I sure hope that guy doesn't work off of commission...LMAO. :-[

Calypso

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase. Post pictures when it is set up.

I am sorry to hear about the ignorant sales people. I am sure that is not the norm. We wet tested 10 spas and only 1 salesman bad mouthed the competition or was the pushy used car salesman type. All of the dealers were very friendly and made the wet testing a great experience. At least 3 encouraged us to go wet test others which was a confusing sales tactic. We even went back and tested 3 spas for a second time. One dealer called back to see how everything was going even though we did not purchase from him. Many of the spas dealers seemed to know each other (probably from home shows) and promoted the spa industry as a whole.

You definately got the saleman where it counts - in the old pocketbook.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:25:39 pm by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:25:50 pm »
Congrats on the purchase. :D
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

SDCPL858

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 04:40:29 pm »
That is exactly what they were like used car salesman! ::)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 04:44:19 pm »
  Nice story!!  ;D   Congrats on the spa.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 04:57:51 pm »
Congrats on the spa, but I guess I don't get it. What exactly did he do to make you so angry? Was there another part to this story?
Maybe he was just trying to figure out if you were serious about a particular tub, or just shopping by price.  And maybe if I were there, I would feel differently, but I don't see why this would make you leave and buy another tub out of spite.

I know I have hit sales people (for different items) on days when they were either in a bad mood or just plain ignorant, but I wouldn't get mad enough to buy something else if that wasn't what I really wanted. ...He might have lost a sale, but you might have second thoughts later because your decision was made based on anger.

Sorry if I misunderstood.  :-/ Enjoy your tub anyway...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:07:51 pm »
While I agree with Boni I think you will be happy with your new HS Prodigy. Congrats and let's hope you don't have anymore bad experiences with sales people. I was a politician for 12 years and I know Politicians, Lawyers, and used car salesmen get put into a bad grouping. Sometimes we deserve it.  ;D

Scott   ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:13:24 pm »
I had someone do me that way one time.  My ninja training reflexively took over and the monkey ended up stealing their peach.  I'm glad it turned out better for you.

Enjoy your new spa.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Calypso

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »
I had someone do me that way one time.  My ninja training reflexively took over and the monkey ended up stealing their peach.  I'm glad it turned out better for you.

Enjoy your new spa.

Terminator

You have one mean monkey.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_8S0Pg40v_zc/RtOWAx2-dZI/AAAAAAAADcA/29ITSVTJpZI/s1600-h/Monkey_steals_peach.jpg
 ;D  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:25:25 pm by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 06:07:15 pm »

You have one mean monkey.

I must always be on guard against possible assassination attempts due to my participation on this forum and the many stalkers it has created.  I just recently received this ominous photograph from two rough looking and possibly nefarious characters:

Term JOHN DOE

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:06:13 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Summitman

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:18:16 pm »

I must always be on guard against possible assassination attempts due to my participation on this forum and the many stalkers it has created.  I just recently received this ominous photograph from two rough looking and possibly nefarious characters:

Term JOHN DOE

I would consider stalking, saving and editing pictures of people that you feel you are superior to.

Water Boy

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:02:20 pm »

Term JOHN DOE

Chris,

I lost a lot of respect for you today. I know it was something small that you did, and I am sure you will say it was in all fun, but it really rubbed me the wrong way and I feel you crossed the line today. You can photoshop pics of yourself all day long on here if you want, but dont doctor another one of my pictures like that again. I have customers that frequent this site all of the time, and I dont care to have one of them see that. I tried to call you to discuss this with you over the phone, but you didnt answer.

Ed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:03:48 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 07:07:15 pm »
Well, I'm sorry.  I'll go back to happily ignoring ya'll if you'll extend me the same courtesy.  Didn't mean to cause offense.

Chris O

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 07:07:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42