What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I need hard numbers for Bromine Chems in J-480  (Read 2444 times)

Spatini

I need hard numbers for Bromine Chems in J-480
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:01:59 am »
Can someone give me some quantifiable numbers for the amounts and types of chemicals I need to maintain my spa , My sales guy really does not seem to know how to communicate anything i can use , i get use a little of this and do that once in awhile and you should be fine.
I really need someone to say use a teaspoon or two or three or whatever the proper amount is and when and how often, \Here is what I have as far as chemicals and what I have done to this point, but I'm strictly guessing from what I have read here, and even this info is at best vague.
My Dealer gave me all these chemicals when they deliverd tub but really no instruction , all are of the brand SpaGuard.

SpaGuard Spa Shock
Spaguard Brominating Tablets 1"
SpaGuard - Spasense , was told to add whole bottle and it would keep PH balanced for the three months , but just in case
SpaGuard pH Increaser
SpaGuard pH Decraser
SpaGuard Anti Foam
SpaGuard water Clarifier
LeisureTime bromine powder packet to create a Bromine reserve  1/2 ounce per 200 Gallons , I put in 1 1/2 ounces
SpaFrog mineral cartridge

My J -480 is about 500 gallons , Now here is what I did , I put in the whole bottle of Spasense , 1 1/2 ounces of the Bromine reserve powder , the Spafrog went into the bag looking filter , and I put 4 of the Tablets into the smart cartridge that goes in the smart filter,I barley opened the cartridge cause with the Frog I am supposed to be at the low end of bromine window 1-2 PPM , I have some AguaCheck  test strips for Hardness, total bromine , total Alkalinity and ph
I tested the next day and all was well,
 Hardness was about 200 ,
 Total Bromine was about 2 PPM
Alk was 80
pH  7.2
after first soak I wasnt sure how much Spa Shock to put in the tub , so I put in about 4 tablespoons
next evening after soaking I added the same 4 tablespoons
next day I checked with the test strips and everything was the same except the total bromine which is now at 10-12 PPM
so how do I get it down , and do I need to add anything after soaking or just let the frog and the floater keep the bromine levels up.
also what about the weekly shock thing ?? how much and when.
water is clear but has a slight oder to it , almost sour smelling not bad but noticeable is this the normal bromine smell?
Sorry this is so long but I need help,  and with this Memorial Day weekend coming and lots of guests Please help me out here.

Thanks in Advance to all who even bothered reading this much.

Hot Tub Forum

I need hard numbers for Bromine Chems in J-480
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:01:59 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: I need hard numbers for Bromine Chems in J-480
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:26:37 pm »
Spatini, I have never used bromine and don't really know too much about maintaining a bromine tub but I do know a place with lots of educational information.
Here's the link.

http://www.rhtubs.com/BROMINE.htm

Spatini

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:33:41 pm »
Thanks Chad , I think I have everything semi figured out for now at least

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:45:22 pm »
 Call me when you get a chance!!

Spatini

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
Thanks Jim,
You are a big help and a true asset to this forum

Saved by Grace

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:17:49 pm »
Thanks Jim,
You are a big help and a true asset to this forum

I completely agree...well said.

Fred

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:17:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42