What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs power light not working  (Read 7800 times)

rickbonsall2621@gmail.com

Hot Springs power light not working
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
Good morning
I have a 2009 Hot Springs Vanguard.  When I powered up recently, the blue power logo light is not working.
The spa heats and works fine, once to temp, the green logo ready light inlluminates.
Any idea why the blue light is not on?
I have cycled breakers.  The spa heated quickly as normal, the ozanator bubbles, all jets work, I ran the clean cycle many times while adding start up chemicals with no issue.  Just no blue power indicator light.  The tub is still under warranty, but don't want to drag them out for something stupid before I take a shot at it.
Thanks

Rick

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs power light not working
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:12 am »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Hot Springs power light not working
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:46:21 am »
The LED might have simply gone bad.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:37:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   It seems you have thought of the proper things,  I've not heard of one of those LED's going bad. My sister has a 2009 Vanguard, so I know the light you are talking about. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rickbonsall2621@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:09:00 am »
I called my dealer.  They are looking into it.  seems they have never had it happen before.    I will post the out come.

Thanks!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:02 am »
I called my dealer.  They are looking into it.  seems they have never had it happen before.    I will post the out come.

Thanks!

I didn't think the green light would come on unless the blue light is on, but that might be wrong info.  Everything is looking like a bad led, I've never been inside the panel of the vanguard. Any sign of a bad connection or fray'd wire?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:07 am »

Thanks!

I didn't think the green light would come on unless the blue light is on, but that might be wrong info.  Everything is looking like a bad led, I've never been inside the panel of the vanguard. Any sign of a bad connection or fray'd wire?

That's why I was thinking the LED alone, might be bad. They stated that everything works as it's supposed to but the "heat ready" light isn't coming on when the set temp is reached.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42