What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Garden Leisure and Paragon Spas--Worth it?  (Read 35931 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Garden Leisure and Paragon Spas--Worth it?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 12:20:25 pm »
I am not a DIY-er so I would prefer quality over headaches.  Just trying to ascertain if I am paying for name-brand when the  Kirkland brand is sometimes just as good if not better to use a Costco example.  

I live in the Mid-Atlantic so we get hot humid summers, and cold winters.
Temp ranges from 15-100.  The unit will be outside and directly exposed to the elements.
Take a look at some mid lines in the quality products. I'm going out on a limb here but I thought I might want to stay around 8K so I looked at Arctic Yukon, Jacuzzi 365, BullFrog 451 (I think). Also Hot Springs has several great lines in that 8K range. The main point is that you can get a quality tub without spending 10K+ IMHO.  So let's pose this question to all the dealers on this site. If Someone had 8K to spend on a spa what model would you recommend they consider. That may help narrow down the wet testing time. Just an idea.

Scott  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:49:03 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 12:20:25 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 12:56:20 pm »
  For Jacuzzi I would suggest the J-365,J-355 A bit less would be the J-345/J-335  If they want bigger for less than 7 would be the  J-270/J-280

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 03:35:57 pm »
Thanks again for everyone's input.

Sorry for the confusion regarding the pricing.  Our contractor gave us his SCP price book at the GL Lustre series model we liked was about $10,500.  He said he could purchase it for us for about $5,300.  There are no GL dealers in the area so wet test is impossible.  I am trying to get a list from our contractor of others who may have purchased one.  

I'm going to guess that the $10.5K price is bogus MSRP. I'll bet anything that it always sells for around that $5.3k price so don't be fooled into thinking you're getting it for substantially less than others pay.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 05:19:46 pm »

My bullfrog dealer has a 682 floor model for $9200.  Not perfect (wrong color and no stereo) but we may wet test this weekend and the jetpaks look interesting.  I am concerned about the way they insulate the tubs......love feedback if anyone has one.

newbiespaguy,

Bullfrog tubs are very well made and use full foam insulation.  The same method is used by Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance to name a few.  Arctic and Coleman are a couple of the bigger names that use a thermopane style of insulation.  Not sure what you meant when you said you were concerned with the way Bullfrog insulates thier tubs.  I have been pleasantly surprised by the energy efficiency of our tub

The 682 is a beautiful tub and is the top of Bullfrogs line,  in my opinion you would be very happy with the 682 or any of Bullfrog's other models.

Good luck in your search
Bullfrog 451

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 10:52:45 pm »
The $9K price for the Bullfrog 682 is a VERY good price for a large tub.  The Jacuzzi J-370 (same size as the 470 without the stainless pieces) should be "obtainable" around the $7,500 to $8,200 marks and you should be able to order the colors you want at those prices.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

newbiespaguy

Re: Ready to Buy---Narrowing the Field
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:28:44 am »
UPDATE:  We are now down to the finish line.  My wife has her eyes on an Emerald Manor Series and we both feel really good about the dealer since they have been doing pools/spas since 1991 and we have dealt with them in some capacity since then as well.  We have a friend that bought one 6 months ago and they love it.....but very little info about them online and mixed reviews at best from those that I read.  Dealer is just a few miles down the road.

I still am interested in Jacuzzi (375 or 365 models), the Dynasty Caspian, and still the Bullfrog 682.  I hope to see the Jacuzzi in person on Wednesday but our dealer is 40 miles away as is the Bullfrog and Dynasty and that does concern me in the long run.  (We live in a small town)

The Sundance is out.  Great dealer but we just didn't get excited after the wet test or the cost.  

We hope to make a decision this week so keep those comments coming!!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Ready to Buy---Narrowing the Field
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:28:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42