What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Purchased From Sam's Club?  (Read 9884 times)

camarodreamer67

Purchased From Sam's Club?
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »
We are getting our patio area ready to pour and hope to purchase a hot tub this summer.  We live in the mountains of SW Virginia and selection is limited!  Has anyone ever purchased a hot tub from Sam's Club?

Thanks so much!  BTW they are listed on their website!

Alicia

Hot Tub Forum

Purchased From Sam's Club?
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Purchased From Sam's Club?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »
We are getting our patio area ready to pour and hope to purchase a hot tub this summer.  We live in the mountains of SW Virginia and selection is limited!  Has anyone ever purchased a hot tub from Sam's Club?

Thanks so much!  BTW they are listed on their website!

Alicia

People have and do buy hot tubs from Sam's Club and other "big box" stores.  A big problem when purchasing from a place like that is no service.  The tub gets dropped off curb side and then the home owner has to get it into position, which can be a bit difficult depending on where the tub is going and how big it is.  

When a problem arises, what do you do?  Who do you call?  I just went out and measured a tub for a new cover for one of our customers who bought a hot tub from Menards 5 years ago.  In that time he has gone through 3 pumps, all GE's BTW.  He had to pay for shipping on them and he had to remove the old pumps and install the new ones.  One was in the middle of winter and here in Upper Michigan it has been known to get a tad cold in January!  His last pump was replaced with an A.O. Smith and hasn't had any more pump problems.  After he bought his tub, he told a friend sat in his a few times and decided to buy one for himself.  Within two months he was replacing pumps and I think some other parts and he wasn't very happy.

I've always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get".  I'm sure people are happy with their Wal-Mart, Costco or whatever tub, but it's not a decision I would make.  Find out who will service it for you and how much it will cost.

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:03:51 am »
Welcome to the forum! :)

Quick story....the manager of one of the local Wal-Marts bought a HotSpring Landmark from me five years ago.  His brother bought a HS Vanguard.  His parents bought a HS Jetsetter.  He referred his friend and co-worker (the manager of another local Wal-Mart) to us and he bought a Tiger River Bengal.  The manager of the local Sam's Club is the owner of a HS Vista while his best friend owns a HS Envoy.  An assistant manager at the local Home Depot owns a HS Jetsetter.

As the owner of the Landmark told me when I asked why he didn't own a Wal-Mart spa even though they are cheap and he gets a discount as well, he replied "I'm more than happy to sell them, but there's no way in hell I'd own one.  They're crap."

Good luck with whichever path you choose.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Saved by Grace

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:44:56 pm »
We've been in Sam's club and I've never seen a wet hot tub.  How can you test the the tub to know whether or not you like it?  To me that is among the most important steps in chosing the tub (perhaps the most important).

Also, there isn't anyone there with the knowledge to help you understand the tub to make a wise choice.  Our first stop in the hot tub world was Spiderman's store and they taught us a lot that helped us on our hot tub buying journey.

Good luck.
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:44:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42