What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator chip????  (Read 2880 times)

benalexe

Ozonator chip????
« on: May 14, 2008, 06:33:39 am »
I now know what everyone means by thermospas are too expensive.  I called them abotu the ozonator in my spa that is coming. They told me since it is a 2003 model I am going to need a new chip for the ozonator.  $200.  I did some searching online and found one for like $50.  I have the DEL OZONE System.  It is crazy what they wanted.

How often do you guys change your ozonator chips and what do you pay??

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator chip????
« on: May 14, 2008, 06:33:39 am »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Ozonator chip????
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:34:47 pm »
Del ozone chips last from 6 months to 2 years depending on use. Check your check valve and ozone lines. Replace if needed. If the check valve is bad, water will back into the line and take out the ozone. If the lines are all gooped up with ozone residue it will burn up the chip faster. The $50.00 you paid is very close to what most dealers in my area get for it.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:54:59 pm »
Do all ozones have chips?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 06:21:54 pm »
Do all ozones have chips?

The chips are only on some types of CD (carona discharge) ozonators. Some CD types do not have a chip to replace and UV types will have a bulb.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

benalexe

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 06:23:27 pm »
Is it an involved process to change the chip?

Is it best to just get a new ozonator or is the chip just an easy fix?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:39:47 pm »
Chip replacement in a Del is easy. Unplug it from the spa - take it out of the spa. Four screws on the back  - six on some - and the thing will be open. Look at how it is wired: you will unplug four wires, lift out the chip, wipe it out with a soft cloth, set the new chip in place and replace the four wires. They are not polarized - there are two types of connectors - as long as you get the right type of connector you are good to go. Be sure not to pinch wires in between the two halves of the housing as you reassemble it.

Should be good for 9000 hours of operation.

I sell the chips for $69 + tax. However, if a client brings in the unit I will gladly install the chip in it for no additional charge.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:39:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42