What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slow leak in hot tub  (Read 4078 times)

tzsmith

Slow leak in hot tub
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:33 am »
Hello,
I ran into a problem with my hot tub.  The spa is a Sundance Maxxux 850.  It has been leaking about 1/8" in water level daily(~3-4 gallons).  The hot tub is impossible to move; it sits in a wood deck, so it has limited access...and it weighs about +800 lbs.  I was able to pull the side panel out(where most of the water seems to accumulate) and squeeze under the deck to take a look.  The next problem I ran into is that the tub is complete enclosed with insulation all the way to the outer-panel.  
So I guess my really question is...  Is there some kind of stop leak product like in cars?
Or can I just continue to use the hot tub and let it continue to leak or will this cause somekind of damage?  The area where the control panel and the 3 pumps are located is dry, so no electrical issues...I think :-?.

Thanks in advance!
Tony

Hot Tub Forum

Slow leak in hot tub
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:33 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Slow leak in hot tub
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:29 am »
This is what our customers use with some success:

http://www.fixaleak.com/spas.html

Good luck!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:27:10 am »
The leaking spa is a Sundance Maxxux 850.

how old is this hot tub?

tzsmith

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »
Thank you!  I ordered the Fix-a-leak, so hopefully that will take care of it.

The spa is a 2000 model.

nickPSD

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:50:48 pm »
Is the seal a leak from lesiure time about the same, or is the Fix a leak better in some way?

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:38:36 pm »
Have you checked in the control panel area? Full foam tubs will sometimes pool the water in places other than where it is leaking. Check your pump seals and unions. The stop leak products you put in spas have to be readminister at each spa drain (the ones we have seen) and do not usually work real well. If it is your pump seals leaking then you want to address them before it takes out your pump.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:38:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42