What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's almost here......  (Read 4287 times)

Saved by Grace

It's almost here......
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:50 pm »
Received a call from our dealer's warehouse and set up a delivery.  We should have our J480 sitting on our deck on Thursday between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Our deck is ready, our wire is run and I'm in for a day of vacation.  Now hopefully it won't snow (at least until the water is in the 90 degree range).

I have two questions that I could use help with.  First, what is the best way to heat the J480.  Obviously I'll leave the cover on.  But is it best to only run the circulation pump or should I run one or both pumps at the same time?  I plan on setting it up with the 60amp option which allows the heater to run while both pumps are running.  Aslo, how long can I expect cold well water take to turn into soothing hot water?

Secondly,  I'd like to post a couple of pictures on the forum but haven't been able to.  I'm fairly computer literate....what am I missing?  Help please.

Thanks in avdance,
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

It's almost here......
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:50 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: It's almost here......
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:48:36 am »
WOW, That seemed fast!!!
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:31:33 am »
Congrats!  The 480 is a great tub!  As to heating, check the manual.  A lot of tubs will kick one of the pumps on low to heat the tub.  It should handle it automatically, once you set the temp (or leave it on the default.)  It could take 10 hours or more to fully heat, depending on the temp coming out of your well.
Second, if you're filling from a well, I'd recommend a hose filter to clean out any impurities.
Mike

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:29:25 am »
Fred!!

Congrats!!  Thursday can't come soon enough, I am sure.  Now snow AFTER you're in the tub...well....cool! 8-)

The tub we have been waiting forever and a day on to wet test is finally in and I am calling today to set up a time good for all, plus to see what other tubs are available for testing.  The dealer has a customer willing for us to wet test thier Tundra, so we will try that.

In the meantime, our Jacuzzi dealer is being very patient...
 ::) :-/ ::) ;)

as to posting pix--I would love to help but I haven't quite figured that out, either.

Maybe Term will help out!!

Chrisi ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:24 am »

Secondly,  I'd like to post a couple of pictures on the forum but haven't been able to.  I'm fairly computer literate....what am I missing?  Help please.

Thanks in avdance,
Fred

Fred,

I will try to help. What you will need to do is start a free account at a place like photobucket( http://www.photobucket.com.) Then you will need to upload your images to that website from your computer after the pics have been uploaded to your computer from your camera.

Then when you post a message, there is a button at the top, third from the left, that says insert image. In bewteen the brackets, your enter the URL from the photbucket site, and it will link display the pics when posting. Hope this helps somewhat!! ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Saved by Grace

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:28:26 pm »
WOW, That seemed fast!!!

Swelltub,
I won't get into it but we were given bad info on the timing of the delivery of the tub that cost me favors and $$ getting the deck and electric done in under two weeks from the order date.  Tomorrow will be almost four weeks from the order date.  But now it's coming and I don't think I'll sleep tonight...

ILParrothead,
The manual is pretty vague on the heating time.  It says the time it takes to heat the water depends on the starting temp.  Duh....  I'm glad they put that info in there, I never would have guessed.

WWAHT,
When are you going to pull the trigger????  I sure don't have your patience.  4 weeks of looking, testing and learning was enough for me.  Anymore and my head would have been really spinning.  Good luck with your wet test.

Water Boy,
Thanks for the info.  Seems like it might be too much to tackle right now just to post a couple of pics.  Thought it would be as simple as browsing my drive and picking one.  Maybe if I get time whilst the tub is heating tomorrow I'll check into it.

Thanks all...I sure hope they sent the right tub ;)

In His Peace,
Fred

wewannahottub

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 04:25:27 pm »
Fred--

Hoping ONE LAST TIME we will wet test this Friday, because it is the only day allowable in my schedule with work, craft shows, kids' activities,... finally the tub is in and probably is ready, but I can't get up there yet!!

I also am hoping the dealer really does have a customer as she says that is willing to allow us to see/test the Tundra.

THEN we will know!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Until then, our Jqz dealer is being patient.  And, since I do still have some stuff to do, like clean out the garage, and have the electric doen (waiting to decide what tub before I do that) I guess it is becoming easy to be patient.  Plus, the $$$~~~ ;D ;D ;D

Fred and wife--hope you get some sleep tonight, and hope the delivery was painless!!!

Chrisi

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 04:46:59 pm »
Fred, as for posting pics, I followed the instructions on several of the threads.  It only took a few minutes.  It's not as hard as you think.
Mike

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 01:27:20 am »
Fred I feel your pain. I now have 3 to 4 weeks waiting for our J-470. If Chrisi pulls the trigger on a J-470 then I will be just a little ahead of her. In a couple of months we can all sit in our tubs and think of the day we were waiting for the tub to arrive.

Scott  ;D ;D ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 09:37:11 am »
Fred,
I hope the delivery went well , let us know what you are going to sanitze with , I ordered my J-480 about one week after you did so I am now in the waiting for a delivery call . Now Swell-Tub and possible Chrisi will join the ranks so post up some pics and more info , by the way the new 2008 manual is on the Jacuzzi web site and it shows all the 400 series with the lighted cup holders , does yours have that ?

wewannahottub

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:26 pm »
Fred--we are wondering, may we light up some cigars on your special delivery?? ::)

BTW, all, looks like we will be going with Arctic.  The dealer is again going to order a Tundra in the colors we like (no obligation) to see and wet test.  THe wet test on other arctics went SUPER and has great jets like the jacuzzi, but we don't lose any power to any other seats when adjusting the jets/flow.

Well, still im-patiently waiting, but with a clearer picture of the light at the end of the tunnel!! ;D

Chrisi

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 10:18:52 pm »
Fred--we are wondering, may we light up some cigars on your special delivery?? ::)

BTW, all, looks like we will be going with Arctic.  The dealer is again going to order a Tundra in the colors we like (no obligation) to see and wet test.  THe wet test on other arctics went SUPER and has great jets like the jacuzzi, but we don't lose any power to any other seats when adjusting the jets/flow.

Well, still im-patiently waiting, but with a clearer picture of the light at the end of the tunnel!! ;D

Chrisi

WWAHT - Congrats on gettiing closer to a decision.  Individual pumps for individual seats is a good idea but can also run both the selling price as well as the operating cost up.  How much more is the Arctic vs. the 470?  Other shoppers may want to get an idea.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »
by the way the new 2008 manual is on the Jacuzzi web site and it shows all the 400 series with the lighted cup holders , does yours have that ?

Spantini,

Sorry I took so long to reply.  See my other post for the reason.

I've had that manual for a couple of weeks and read through it over and over before our tub arrived.  Don't panic....the manual doesn't show the RX jets in the lounge...but they are.  They have also added large spinner jets in the seat under the dual water falls and in the front of the tub accross from the lounge.  They are awesome.

And yes the cup holders are lit.  At night the tub is lit up beautifully.

In His Peace,
Fred

wewannahottub

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 08:20:25 am »

WWAHT - Congrats on gettiing closer to a decision.  Individual pumps for individual seats is a good idea but can also run both the selling price as well as the operating cost up.  How much more is the Arctic vs. the 470?  Other shoppers may want to get an idea.

Nda--we haven't talked price yet on the Arctic, but we will probably visit the store again this coming week since we are off, then I should have a price idea in mind to compare.  

We were offered a J470 loaded with lights/stereo for 10.5 k---hmmmm...

Chrisi ;)

wewannahottub

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 08:21:58 am »

Spantini,

Sorry I took so long to reply.  See my other post for the reason.

I've had that manual for a couple of weeks and read through it over and over before our tub arrived.  Don't panic....the manual doesn't show the RX jets in the lounge...but they are.  They have also added large spinner jets in the seat under the dual water falls and in the front of the tub accross from the lounge.  They are awesome.

And yes the cup holders are lit.  At night the tub is lit up beautifully.

In His Peace,
Fred

Fred and Spatini--when we wet tested a 470, those 2 jets at the waterfall were the BEST!!  esp for you low back pain sufferers...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 08:21:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42