What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub pad  (Read 10420 times)

benalexe

hot tub pad
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »
Question about hot tub pad. I do not want to pour concrete and I understnad that for about $300 I can get a hot tub pad.  There seems to be two manufacturers out there.  One sells at wal mart for about 250 and comes in 6 section s for an 8 x 8.

the other one is a company that sells driect and has 4 section 8 x8. I think the company is ez pads.  Any recoomendations on this?

Any downside to using a hot tub pad?  I am assuming it is much better than just putting it on thr ground.

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub pad
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: hot tub pad
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 05:23:25 pm »
I think some people have used it but the ground still has to be level to use it.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:36:28 pm »
why dont you want to pour a concrete pad?
the pad you are considering is $300?
i got an illegal to do my concrete pad for $500
if your brother is giving you the spa
get the right foundation

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »
Just not sure if I need to do it.  It just seems much easier to do the portable pad

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:06 pm »
Pads work fine, but do the cement.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 08:49:27 pm »
benelexe,

I don't mean any disrespect but I have never been able to figure out why people always want to cheap out on the pad.  Its like building a $500,000 dollar home but using sand for the foundation or driving a Ferrari with tires from Walmart.  I just don't get it :-?.  The concrete pad you are talking about would cost about $300 and will provide a stable and level surface for years to come.  Since you are getting the tub for free, spend the couple of bucks on the pad
Bullfrog 451

benalexe

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 06:06:20 am »
Nothing is free... It is going to cost me $600 to move it for NY to NJ.  It will cost me probably $600 for the electrician etc etc. And most importantly i am not 100% sure the best possibly place for the tub so if I get the pad and do not like the location or re-do the backyard which I plan on at some point, I can move the tub.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:41:02 am »
Sounds like you have decided to do the pad. At the end of the day it is your decision. Good luck with the installation.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »
Nothing is free... It is going to cost me $600 to move it for NY to NJ.  It will cost me probably $600 for the electrician etc etc. And most importantly i am not 100% sure the best possibly place for the tub so if I get the pad and do not like the location or re-do the backyard which I plan on at some point, I can move the tub.

I know of 2 spa pad installations- both are going on 6 years old, and both pads are in excellent condition.  I believe they were EZ Pads, and I assisted in installing them.  They were 2 sections, each 4 X 8.  I say do it if that's what you want.  This is in Minnesota, where there is considerable temperature swings, and ground freezing, etc......
  People have successfully put their spas on pea gravel, pavers, spa pads, concrete, wood platforms, etc......  Lot of possibilities.

Brewman

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 06:49:55 pm »
I'm not sure what spa you might be purchasing.  An Arctic Spa with the forever floor can sit right on flat dirt, grass, rocks, etc.  

Good luck

benalexe

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 06:47:46 pm »
Well,

I am gogin to look into a cement pad. If I can get an 8 x 8 pad for like 300 or 400 I may just go that route.  This way I do not need to be concerned if the ground is level enough.  

One guy I called wanted $800. Not doing that.....

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »
And most importantly i am not 100% sure the best possibly place for the tub so if I get the pad and do not like the location or re-do the backyard which I plan on at some point, I can move the tub.

Crushed rock (not round gravel), a treated lumber frame, and pavers are all good options considering this.

It's easier to get these options level than a spa pad.

They are usually less costly than a concrete pad.

They are fairly easy to do yourself, if you are so inclined.

Also, they are much easier to move across the yard than a concrete pad!
 ;)
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

benalexe

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 07:58:54 pm »
Never mind on the concrete. I called couple of mason guys some people would not consider the work while others wanted 800.

The spa delivery guy will supply the pad.  unfortunitly it is the 6 section pad so I am a little concerned. The price is right $299.

I called my landscaper and he will level the area for me.  he will put down whatever base I want. What do you think crushed rock sand or gravel?  Then the spa pad will go on top of the leveld based.

Should be all set.  Any advise on what to sit the base on woulf be appreciated.

They will delivyer on May 23. But going away for the night so won't hook it up for a few days.  Waiting is the hardest part  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 07:58:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42