What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master vs Hot Springs  (Read 5391 times)

jimmyb

Master vs Hot Springs
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:19:34 am »
The wife and I will be wet testing spas this week.  Essentially we are looking at the Master Spa line, possibly any tub in the LSX series, including the LSX 1050, and LSX 1000.  We also will test the Hot Springs Vista and Grandee...

We are both new to hot tubs and could use some third party advise, including notable options, and which model will give us the the best bang for our buck...

We live in Canada and yes we do get winter...

Thanx in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Master vs Hot Springs
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:19:34 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Master vs Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:05:11 am »
Jimmy,

I have had an MS LSX in service for almost 4 years and I've been very happy with it.  Check out my review here.  I still feel the same way about the tub today as I did when I wrote that review.

My advice to you is to wet test as many tubs as you can and let your impressions of the therapy be a major factor in your decision.  Also, you will want to judge your retailers and choose one which gives you the "warm fuzzies".

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions about my LSX...I'd be happy to help... 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

jimmyb

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:32:03 pm »
Could someone comment on how to receive the best pricing on the mentioned spas.  I have no idea what sort of markup this industry uses.  For example the vista has been quoted at 10k

BubbaGump

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:49:17 pm »
Could someone comment on how to receive the best pricing on the mentioned spas.  I have no idea what sort of markup this industry uses.  For example the vista has been quoted at 10k

I dont know what the "industry" does either, but I have simply asked for their best price and some I believe, some I dont.

The Vista, for example.  I like it, and I was quoted $9995...  Sounds like your dealer is giving you a great price on that one.  Dont forget that you want them to be healthy and stay in business, they will be taking care of your warranty work in the future if you need it......

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:55:09 pm »
Hot Springs is one of the largest manufacturers in the industry and they build a good tub.  Master also build a good tub (IMO) but has some very shady advertising and marketing issues.  Windsurfdog has been very happy with his Master Spa,  I think a lot of it depends on the dealer and how they handle after the sale service.

Where are you located in Canada? How cold is your winter?  If you are in Southwestern Ontario energy efficiency is not as big of a deal as if you were in Cold Lake Alberta
Bullfrog 451

jimmyb

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 07:12:23 pm »
I am located in Belle River Ontario, South Western Ontario, born and raised in Calgary Ab.

Still looking for some advise on negotiating the price....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 07:57:13 pm »
Hot Springs is one of the largest manufacturers in the industry and they build a good tub.  Master also build a good tub (IMO) but has some very shady advertising and marketing issues.  Windsurfdog has been very happy with his Master Spa,  I think a lot of it depends on the dealer and how they handle after the sale service.

Where are you located in Canada? How cold is your winter?  If you are in Southwestern Ontario energy efficiency is not as big of a deal as if you were in Cold Lake Alberta

There are a handful of well respected spa brands that are known for quality and energy efficiency. I would include Hot Spring in that group of top spa makers but even though Windsurf is happy with his spa IMO Master falls short in both areas (not to mention their often discussed shady sales tactics).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:59:08 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 08:56:17 pm »
I am located in Belle River Ontario, South Western Ontario, born and raised in Calgary Ab.

Still looking for some advise on negotiating the price....

Hey!

I'm right down the road from you in Tecumseh.

So Bluewater Pools  sells both Hot Springs and Master Spas.  Bluewater has been in business from about 30 years and are a solid dealer.  You may also want to check out Caldera which they also sell.  We got our Bullfrog from Pools by Angelo and they have been great, you should check them out also.  Both dealers are the longest standing pool and spa dealers in the area.

Sorry I can't help you much on the pricing stuff, but for what its worth we were able to negotiate about $750 off the displayed price on our spa
Bullfrog 451

jimmyb

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:55 am »
Thanx for your response.  I know the people at Blue Water in Windsor are great.  I don't think they handle HS any longer, however we are scheduled to wet test the Master line tomorrow.  We are also going this morning to blue water in Chatham to wet test the LSX 1050 and the Grandee (they don't have a vista on display).  I will also take your advise and check out pools by angelo

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42