What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Jetsetter problem...  (Read 11244 times)

Paul_K

HotSpring Jetsetter problem...
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:33 am »
All:

Our tub isn't heating the water. I tried removing the gray cover for the filter, in case it wasn't getting enough flow- no dice. I checked the breakers- all good. I checked the temp settings- 102, but the water is 70. There is power to the tub (instrument panel lit) but the power light was flashing red- now on like it should be. Any thoughts before I have to call the repair guy?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Jetsetter problem...
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:33 am »

TubsAndCues

Re: HotSpring Jetsetter problem...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 12:25:43 pm »
Power down for 15 minutes, pull the filters out.  Depending on the year, there may be a reset switch on the heater as well.

Also, if you just recently refilled, there may be an air lock if you didn't fill through the gray standpipe.  

Lastly, if your water level is not high enough, that can cause flow restrictions as well.

Paul_K

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:33:55 pm »
Thanks for the info. How do I fix an air lock?

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:02:03 pm »
Throw the hose down the gray stack and see if you get bubbles out.

Paul_K

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 06:39:43 pm »
Some bubbles came out when I took the gray cap off, but not many. I have called the service guy- I'll post an update after he checks it out...

Thanks,

Paul.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:15:27 pm »
The fact that the red light was flashing means that the flow through the heater was restricted. One other thing which can cause it to happen is a power interruption while the heater was doing it's thing.

In either case, the temp sensor did it's job and shut off the heat and flashed the red light at you to let you know it wasn't happy.

Now - from the time you reset the spa (power off and on again) and got a steady light, how long have you waited? Might be nothing more than "IsItHotYet itis" - not waiting long enough.

OR - the same problem that caused the hi-limit to trip may have tripped the hi-limit on the heater. If you let it run over night and it isn't hot tomorrow, try to find a reset button on the heater. First place to look is your owner's manual.

HTH

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Paul_K

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 02:18:36 pm »
I managed to push the heater reset button. We'll see if we get any heat...

Thanks,

Paul.

shortspark

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »
What is a "grey standpipe"?  I have a Jetsetter and have had no such problems but this term is unfamiliar to me.

Paul_K

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 07:05:29 pm »
Turns out I was trying to reset the heater with the power off. Tried it with the power on and we're back in business. Not sure what caused the original problem- will keep an eye on it to see if the temp stays constant. Thanks for the help guys!

Paul.

Paul_K

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »
What is a "grey standpipe"?  I have a Jetsetter and have had no such problems but this term is unfamiliar to me.

Open the cover where the filters are. Remove the far left filter. You'll find a grey pipe that it slides down on. That's where you're supposed to put the hose when you fill/top up the tub.

shortspark

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:39 pm »

Open the cover where the filters are. Remove the far left filter. You'll find a grey pipe that it slides down on. That's where you're supposed to put the hose when you fill/top up the tub.

Thanks.  I guess it is in the manual somewhere to fill the tub that way but I never have.  Although obviously there is a good reason for this, I don't understand what the possible difference would be as to how the tub is filled.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 09:06:44 am »
Helps to force air out of the small pump so it can start easier.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shortspark

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:29:46 pm »
Helps to force air out of the small pump so it can start easier.

8-)
Thanks Chas.  I guess I'll do it that way from now on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:29:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42