What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: General input  (Read 4895 times)

hgh210

General input
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:20:49 am »
Hi there, I had a Cal Spa Premier series 3 spa for the las 8 years and have been pretty happy overall.  I have to downsize to a 2-3 person corner spa for space reasons.  Mother-in-law has purchased a Discovery Dreamscape through Costco and I know nothing about it (though I heard that may be Keys Spa?).  It is still in process and I had been looking at the Marquis Rendezvous which I believe most people will think is better (I think it is a little smaller).  The good thing about the costco deal was they thre in the Ozonator but on a small spa not such a big deal.  Should I go through the work of trying to cancel her order (which may arrive anyday) and persue the Marquis or just take the Dreamscape.  I am worried since  I had a high end product I may not like the Dreamscape.  Appreciate your feedback!

Hot Tub Forum

General input
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:20:49 am »

Dipstick

Re: General input
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:25:05 pm »
The Marquis will be a much better made product and more efficient.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:36:13 pm »
and you will have dealer support, if needed.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:46:01 pm »
The good thing with Costco is you can return it.  I agree with the others, cancel it and look elsewhere.  

I think most of the major brands now have a corner spa.  Find one locally that will give you dealer support.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:03:05 am »
 The good thing about the costco deal was they thre in the Ozonator but on a small spa not such a big deal.  

The reason its not a big deal IMO is having an ozonator can vary from getting a high quality CD unit that is pretty much maintenance free to getting a cheap (quality and cost) UV type that requires a bulb change every 18 months where the cost of the bulb is about equal to the cost of the unit and I'm guessing here the one they're including is the latter. I wouldn’t give any real weight to the ozonoator being included. A friend of mine who I don't see/hear from often got a spa last year (without checking with me first). When I went and checked it out one of the first things I did was take away the crappy ozonator he had and gave him a real one. Some of them should come with "Fisher Price" stamped on the side.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:22 am »

The reason its not a big deal IMO is having an ozonator can vary from getting a high quality CD unit that is pretty much maintenance free to getting a cheap (quality and cost) UV type that requires a bulb change every 18 months where the cost of the bulb is about equal to the cost of the unit and I'm guessing here the one they're including is the latter. I wouldn’t give any real weight to the ozonoator being included. A friend of mine who I don't see/hear from often got a spa last year (without checking with me first). When I went and checked it out one of the first things I did was take away the crappy ozonator he had and gave him a real one. Some of them should come with "Fisher Price" stamped on the side.
So does the Jacuzzi J-470 come with a good ozonator?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:50 am »
Yes the 470 comes with a great ozonator.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 12:10:28 pm »
So does the Jacuzzi J-470 come with a good ozonator?

Ask what ozonator is included in the package he's offering and then ask what other options there may be available. Some dealers will have multiple types and it wouldn't be the first case of someone throwing in a cheapo one to satisfy the statement that the "ozonator is included at no additional cost".
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:12:00 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:22:28 pm »

Ask what ozonator is included in the package he's offering and then ask what other options there may be available. Often they have multiple types and it wouldn't be the first case of someone "throwing in" a cheapo one to satisfy the statement that the "ozonator is included at no additional cost".
She said that they provide the ozonator free and they are a pool company so can they add just any ozonator? I thought it would have to be a Jacuzzi one that was made for the tub. I need an education here.....

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 12:39:28 pm »
 Jacuzzi/Sundance have 3 different ozonatators  most when included in the deal is an 80mg if you want a higher out put one they have one that puts out 250mg.  I like it, but feel in the J-300 and 400 series the 80mg works fine.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:17:42 pm »
And, there are many cheaper after market ozonators that can be installed by a dealer. :-/
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 01:20:12 pm »
And, there are many cheaper after market ozonators that can be installed by a dealer. :-/

Yes their are! Which one do you use?  ;)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »
I am glad you brought this up because I didn't know to ask but I will now....

Thanks,
Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 01:32:48 pm »

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with that as long as the customer is aware of what they are getting so they can make a choice. The problem is that most customers hear "ozone included" and that’s enough because they don't know any better. I'm NOT saying all dealers will just throw in a cheap after market ozonator if you don't ask them to specify but I know some will because they are still meeting the advertised criteria of "ozone included". Jacuzzi Jim is probably totally clear on what he’s offering but I’m sure there is a Widget Willie out there somewhere putting an Acme UV Ozonator in with any package where the customer doesn’t ask what kind they’re getting.

If someone was getting a computer and the store said "we'll include a monitor free with your computer purchase" most anyone would ask "what type" but with spas they often don't know any better to ask and even if given the choices may not know what is what.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:03:24 pm »
 Its funny how many people come in and I mention ozone during the pitch, they ask what is that? Reason its funny is during the presentation I will pick up where else they have looked just by the questions they ask. Some obviously just don't know and I am their first stop.

Or one they are testing my knowledge, and or the competitor just doesn't bring it up?  I think some are trained not to bring it up till the close, then they tell em how great it is and oh by the way thats an extra 300 bucks. This will usually only work when the customer has not looked else where.  Most of my comp throws it in, which at that point its hard to charge for said item,if I want the sale like lift and steps as well.  To some they dont object paying for it or at least half.  Their are always ways around it

How do I know they have been looking at Hotspring's?   The question I get is?  Are you including the GFCI box?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:03:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42