What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa umbrella/canopy  (Read 2833 times)

pattispa

Spa umbrella/canopy
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:02 am »
We recently bought a spa umbrella for our sundance optima. The base needs to go under the spa we were told. We, of course, emptied the spa but how do you lift the spa to slide the base under? Also, where is the best location -- not sure if the cover lifter will be in the way. It looks like you need to place in the center of one of the sides so it is centered over the spa. The directions do not help.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa umbrella/canopy
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:02 am »

loosenupspas

Re: Spa umbrella/canopy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:11:22 am »
Pattispa....generally speaking the under tub bracket umbrella can be positioned at any place along the edge of the spa.  You should be able to find a spot where the cover lifter can operate.  You lift the spa on the count of three, using muscles.  Push the base under the spa and set it down.  I would assemble the umbrella after I situated the under bracket, this makes it much less top heavy and easier to manage.  The spa only needs the slightest amount of lifting to slide the bracket under the tub.  Good luck.....Warmly Tom

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:15:20 am »
Hi Patti

I placed the base of my umbrella next to the steps.  With the tub empty, I did not have much problem sliding the base under the corner of the spa.  

Since it is a cantilevered umbrella, it will cover the spa from any position, but having it next to the steps, I can also use it as a handrail for getting in and out of the tub when it is closed.  I can also swing it away from the tub when its open to provide shade for chairs on the patio.

Good luck and happy hottubbing!

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

pattispa

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:19:19 am »
That is a good idea abou8t having it in the front of the spa so that is can swing over to the patio area. Thank you all for the input.  8-)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:38:51 pm »
A small pry bar should easily raise the empty spa just enough to slide the base under. Although, if you wanted, you could spin the base 180 degrees from the way it's intended to be installed, drill some holes, and bolt it to your deck/patio.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:38:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42