What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 now available in Canada  (Read 4113 times)

In Canada eh

N2 now available in Canada
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:42:30 pm »
I know this has been a hotly debated topic but N2 for spas is now available in Canada.  I guess Health Canada had a issue with the MPS vs Chlorine thing that N2 follows.  They made some changes in their literature to include dichlor and have approved use in Canada.  So I just picked one up at my dealer and will conduct my own experiment (ala Vinny ;)) and see if the stuff works. I will let you know in a couple of weeks if I can see any difference.
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

N2 now available in Canada
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:42:30 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: N2 now available in Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:20:37 pm »
N2?

:-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:23:23 pm »
I'm curious.......the cost?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 04:28:33 pm »
Doc,

My dealer sells it for $35 but I get a 10% discount because we bought our spa there.  I think most US prices are around $30 so it falls in line.

Don't worry, I will still order Taylor stuff from you the prices on it here are insane.  I was quoted $135 for the 2005 kit, I bought it from you for $70 after shipping and customs fees.  Thanks by the way
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
N2?

:-?

Nature2.  Its a mineral cartridge that will help sanitize your tub and allow you to use less chlorine

Here is the link for Doc's store and N2 description

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/nature2.htm
Bullfrog 451

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:46:48 pm »
Doc,

My dealer sells it for $35 but I get a 10% discount because we bought our spa there.  I think most US prices are around $30 so it falls in line.

Don't worry, I will still order Taylor stuff from you the prices on it here are insane.  I was quoted $135 for the 2005 kit, I bought it from you for $70 after shipping and customs fees.  Thanks by the way

I think we have those at $22.95, but go as low as $19.99 in quantity.  However, you do still have to pay freight so you're about right in line if you're buying one at a time.  We don't ship to Canada anyway.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:04:17 pm »
Hmmmm, a Canadian N2 rep... I should look into that...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 08:40:13 pm »
I know this has been a hotly debated topic but N2 for spas is now available in Canada.  I guess Health Canada had a issue with the MPS vs Chlorine thing that N2 follows.  They made some changes in their literature to include dichlor and have approved use in Canada.  So I just picked one up at my dealer and will conduct my own experiment (ala Vinny ;)) and see if the stuff works. I will let you know in a couple of weeks if I can see any difference.

I happend to be around Doc's site when Vermonter was posting a lot and I thought wow this guy knows his stuff. I am just curious about things and like to try things out. Even though I trust Vermonter's findings I wanted to see what this stuff (N2 and Ozone) is all about.

Being cheap, I also wanted to see what it would do for the money. In my tub it does very little although my tub's water is a little over 4 months old (wasn't used much and I REALLY need to change the water) and I am getting pretty clean looking water only dosing once a week ... hmmm!

Good luck on your experiment!!

Scott

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 10:58:08 pm »
Alright I have to know how does this Nature 2 compare the Vision cartridge I use on my D1 spa. I seem to use very little Dichlor after mild to heavy useage and the tests next day seem fine. Is N2 and Visions one in the same?

Scott :-/

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 10:59:19 am »
Is N2 and Visions one in the same?

Scott :-/

Yes. The vision is made especially for D1, is larger and is made to fit for your spa. I don't know the volume or cost difference but its bascially rebranded for D1.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 12:56:14 pm »
When I looked at D1 in 2004 the vision cartridge was $125.00 ... that buys an aweful lot of dichlor.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:04:58 pm »
I have N2 and ozone in my tub and the water is probably closer to 6 months old now. I have only been using it on weekends lately, sometimes only once a week. It is 500+ gallons and I only add chlorine after I use the tub (about 1 tablespoon/3 teaspons). Haven't shocked in more than a month and still have clean appearing water that seems to meet all parameters in my test kit.

As I have noted in the past I travel at times for as much as 3 weeks at a time and don't do anything to my tub during those times. The water has remained nice and clear everytime.

I don't know how much N2 and ozone really help but I intend to keep using them both as it seems reasonable to conclude it is making a difference at least for my particular circumstances. Perhaps if I had heavier use it would be a different story but for now I wouldn't change anything.

Except maybe the water! Although it continues to look clean I suppose it is getting past due...
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:04:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42