What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought my first hot tub  (Read 12578 times)

Saved by Grace

Re: Just bought my first hot tub
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »
Scott,

We've wet tested both the J480 and the J375.  They are similar to the ones you are looking at but have the lounge.  We wet test the 480 first and really liked it.  However, it was more expensive than what we were first ready to pay for a hot tub.  We thought the 375 looked like we might like it (dry) and was less $.  We drove over 200 miles to wet test the 375 and it was well worth the drive because it was not a tub we would have been satisfied with.

With all due respect to those that say wet testing isn't important, our wet test saved us a $8000 mistake.  I can understand the theory that if you haven't tried them you'll be happy with whatever you buy.  I just don't believe in the outcome.  Why spend 10k and not get the very best tub that fits you.  I'm sure not willing to settle for o.k. because I don't know there is something that would have been better....to me that's crazy.  If I'm spending our hard earned money I'm going to make sure that we're getting the best for it.  And in my humble opinion I would never ever buy a tub without wet testing it first.  And anybody I come into contact with that is considering buying a tub I would strongly recommend doing so.

Take your time and be patient.  Wet test all available tubs with and without a lounge.  You may just end up liking one.  We wet tested a Hotspring that my wife couldn't stay in the lounge and then ruled out the lounge.  But then we wet test the 480 and we both fell in love with the lounge.  You never know that's why you have to try them.

Good luck to you,
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 07:39:01 pm »
Not saying wet testing is not important.  What I am saying is most customers say it is not important.

I also wonder about the ethics of wet testing a tub you [glow]never[/glow] intend to buy from that dealer.  You were not going to buy a tub from someone 200 miles away.  What did you do to compensate him for his time and expenses?

I certainly agree you did the best thing for yourself and saving $8000 would mean a lot to me. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:39:37 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 07:53:54 pm »
First, as far as my ethics goes; God is working on and will continue to work on them.  By His grace I will continue to grow in that regard.  As far as in this case the store we traveled to was the store we ended up buying from.  They have 5 locations in WI.  They are actually the ones that set it up.

Secondly, I firmly believe in wet testing.  If the customer doesn't believe it is important then it's only because they are uneducated of the importance.  I will do my best on this forum and in my life to do just that....educate them.

In His Peace,
Fred

Spatini

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:21 pm »
First, as far as my ethics goes; God is working on and will continue to work on them.  By His grace I will continue to grow in that regard.  As far as in this case the store we traveled to was the store we ended up buying from.  They have 5 locations in WI.  They are actually the ones that set it up.

Secondly, I firmly believe in wet testing.  If the customer doesn't believe it is important then it's only because they are uneducated of the importance.  I will do my best on this forum and in my life to do just that....educate them.

In His Peace,
Fred
Fred , I too am a firm beleiver in the wet test , apparently I missspoke when saying it was the spa worlds creed , didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, but like you I think some people  do not know that you can even wet test a tub  , I for one didnt until I first started visiting the forums , and all I kept hearing was wet test,( hence the creed remark ), well lucky for me I heeded that advice and did not buy from my local dealer , just because thier tubs were the most advertised ,and my ignorance up to that point ( pre- forums ) I almost bought one , without wet testing going on looks and brand recognition alone ,well I wet tested one and found that in order to stay in the seats or lounge I was having to tense up and try to hold on to something which totally negated any type of relaxation, So MY creedo is to wet test , wet test , wet test till you find one that fits you and your budget. and hopefully future spa buyers can learn a little something from me here at the forums.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
\\without wet testing going on looks and brand recognition alone ,well I wet tested one and found that in order to stay in the seats or lounge I was having to tense up and try to hold on to something which totally negated any type of relaxation, So MY creedo is to wet test , wet test , wet test till you find one that fits you and your budget. and hopefully future spa buyers can learn a little something from me here at the forums.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD :exclamation :exclamation [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As much as I want a powerful massage, I also want to relax and not fight with the spa!! ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Saved by Grace

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
Spatini,

Ditto.  We found ourselves tensing and floating away also.  My wives heart sunk when she sat in her first lounge.  It was everything but relaxing.  After the 480 test the lounge was back in play...big time.

Thanks,
Fred

Spatini

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 11:10:04 pm »
Spatini,

[glow]My wives [/glow]heart sunk when she sat in her first lounge.
Thanks,
Fred
Fred , surely you are not with that bunch in Texas!!!! ;D ;D ;D :o ya know I'm just playin , just tryin to beat everyone else to the punch

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 11:13:24 pm »
If they would just put seat belts in the lounges.  ;D ;D ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:28 pm »
If they would just put seat belts in the lounges.  ;D ;D ;D
Swell ,
 I'm tellin ya I really did enjoy the lounge in the 480 , no floatin at all.

wewannahottub

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:25 pm »
Fred , surely you are not with that bunch in Texas!!!! ;D ;D ;D :o ya know I'm just playin , just tryin to beat everyone else to the punch

That thought crossed my mind, hahaha ;D ;D [smiley=lolk.gif]  I avoided the temptation, but can't resist now!!

Fred, you really aren't Terminator, are you!!  Just kiddin Term!!

[smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif]

wewannahottub

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 11:20:55 pm »
Swell ,
 I'm tellin ya I really did enjoy the lounge in the 480 , no floatin at all.

The JQZ place we are going to already has a 480 wet, and will fill the 470.  For shitz and giggles, I may try both, but we really don't care for a lounger.  

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 11:23:32 pm »
The JQZ place we are going to already has a 480 wet, and will fill the 470.  For shitz and giggles, I may try both, but we really don't care for a lounger.  
The one thing I like about the J-480 is that the lounger doesn't take up the whole side of the tub. JJ says it is his best selling tub along with the J-470 and J-375.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »
It will be worth a try.  With the higher back, even though there is the concern about the cover fitting, it will probably be one of the better fits for my hubby, even though the 480 dry run had him banging his head yet.  One of the other threads is about spa blankets, and this may be worth the investment to add to the life of the spa and cover.  Looks like Dr Spa has those for sale.

Spatini

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 11:30:11 pm »

Chrisi,
 ya better not try it , you may change your mind and have to add one more to the list!

Spatini

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 11:31:25 pm »
It will be worth a try.  With the higher back, even though there is the concern about the cover fitting, it will probably be one of the better fits for my hubby, even though the 480 dry run had him banging his head yet.  One of the other threads is about spa blankets, and this may be worth the investment to add to the life of the spa and cover.  Looks like Dr Spa has those for sale.

I'm definatley looking into Dr spas , blanket

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 11:31:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42