What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Royal Spas???  (Read 5450 times)

castletonia

Royal Spas???
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »
I just recently had a competitor open up who carries royal spas.  I was just wondering what everyone else thought about them.

Hot Tub Forum

Royal Spas???
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Royal Spas???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:53:06 pm »
They've been around for a while.  I believe they are based in Indiana.

They are a lower end spa that tries to pretend it is a higher end.  The quality is suspect.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:14 pm »
Review of Royal Spa Hot Tubs

Royal Spa Outdoes the Competition for Making a Great Overall Hot Tub

By Lisa Davis, published Jul 01, 2006

A hot tub is an expensive investment for any homeowner. When searching for a hot tub, there are many factors that you need to take into consideration. Price, cost of operation, build quality, and other points should effect your decision when buying. Thus far, in my 10+ years of hot tub fun, there is no other company that makes a better hot tub than Royal Spa.

Royal Spa is a company based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. It was the brainchild of two engineering students, Bob Dapper and Rick Bartlett, who began making the tubs in 1981 while they were still in college. Since their start, the company has morphed into the best manufacture of high-quality hot tubs in the world.

Royal Spas are superior for many reasons. The first is build quality. Build quality is very important for a tub that is going to last the owner for a long time. Royal Spas have a strong acrylic shell that the company warranties for 40 years against structural defects. Surrounding the tub is either a wood or polymer cabinet (your choice). The wood is a solid cedar or redwood and the polymer is actually a solid polymer, so both are very strong and resistant to weather. The best part of the cabinet is that it actually has a top rail that surrounds the tub. Besides being aesthetically pleasing, the top rail seals out any flying insects from nesting underneath the shell. One of the best features of the tub is rarely seen and is located underneath the hot tub. All Royal Spa hot tubs sit on a fiberglass bottom that is actually joined to the cabinet structure and makes it more rigid. This same fiberglass piece seals the bottom of the cabinet off so that rodents may not nest underneath your hot tub and cause damage to the electrical components.

A good hot tub must also be well-insulated, especially if it is outdoors. A great deal of tubs have what is called "full foam insulation." Full foam insulation is just blown insulation that most people put in their attics. While it is very energy efficient, if anything goes wrong with the hot tub, this type of insulation has to be chipped out, the problem fixed, and more insulation blown in to replace it. Not only is this expensive, but time consuming. Royal Spa has insulation pillows around inside perimeter of hot tub cabinet. These pillows are very energy efficient but if a repair needs done the pillows are simply lifted out of tub and put back in once the work is finished. This saves tons of time and labor cost.

Circulation and energy efficiency are probably the most important points to consider when buying your hot tub. Royal Spas use an extremely energy efficient circulation pump that runs 24-hours a day. Do not buy a tub that only circulates your water some of the time! No one wants to sit in stagnant water. Any pump that does not circulation 24-hours a day will not be up to a good standard of cleanliness. While Royal Spas are on the higher-end of the price scale, this cost is justified when you calculate all the savings on your electric bill from just a few years of operation.

Coupled with an excellent warranty and customer service, Royal Spas have a great deal of choices in design and colors to choose from. My favorite design and the hot tub I purchased is the "Empress" model that is one of the only hot tubs I've ever found that has two lounge seats but isn't huge tub. The company also makes another really cool model call the King Ultra that accommodates larger people comfortably and has become one of their most popular styles. However, which ever tub you select from Royal Spa, I am positive it will be a relaxing experience. Happy hot tubbing!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/40950/review_of_royal_spa_hot_tubs.html

this link also has feedback from owners ....some good ...some bad

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:05:24 pm by Zep »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:36:10 pm »
I found them boring to look at, didn't see a design I liked. The salesguy at the 2006 Ohio State Fair was a real jerk (find htem anywhere I guess)   They market them as being lower tech and therby more reliable for their push botton, non-computerized controls.  I haven't visited the local dealer yet, but I want to because they started carrying Coleman.

Wisoki lives near them, I think he has told me about this company before. Haven't seen him in awhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:05:41 pm »
Review of Royal Spa Hot Tubs

Royal Spa Outdoes the Competition for Making a Great Overall Hot Tub

By Lisa Davis, published Jul 01, 2006

Full foam insulation is just blown insulation that most people put in their attics. While it is very energy efficient, if anything goes wrong with the hot tub, this type of insulation has to be chipped out, the problem fixed, and more insulation blown in to replace it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/40950/review_of_royal_spa_hot_tubs.html

this link also has feedback from owners ....some good ...some bad

Well, if they are willing to lie and mislead like that, I now know where I place them in my list.  To say that the insulation "is just blown insulation that most people put in their attics" is just an out and out lie.  This is one of the reasons why consumers get confused.  Too many people willing to lie to promote their product.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Bob's Rules of Royal Spas???
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:29:04 am »
How does Royal Spa's do this?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

BOB's RULES & $4,000 CHALLENGE

Purchasing Guidelines - A recommendation from Bob

A recommendation from Bob – Owner of Royal SpaCorp, who has a Bachelors degree from Purdue’s School of Engineering and over 25 years experience designing and manufacturing hot tubs in Indy.

If you can show us a hot tub that is built stronger, operates more efficiently, costs less to service and cost less to own that violates one or more of “Bob’s Rules”, Royal Spa will pay you $1000.00 per “Rule” up to $4000.00.

#1 Always Buy A Spa That Has A Non-Computer Control System
·There is nothing on a spa that requires a computer to operate.
·The only one who benefits from spa computers is the repairman.

#2 Always Buy A Spa That Circulates All Of The Time
Stagnant water is usually unhealthy.
Stagnant water requires more maintenance.   (4 times more chemicals & 12 times more time)
Turning a pump off and on reduces the pump life.

#3 Always Avoid Buying A Spa With A 2-Speed Pump
They are unacceptably noisy when you are trying to relax in the spa at night.  They can also be heard inside the house.
They cause the water to overheat during the summer time unless turned off during the day.
They are expensive to operate.  The newer technology in the spa industry is gradually phasing out the 2-speed pump with its high operating cost.

#4 Always Buy A Spa That Pushes The Water Through The Filter
No correctly engineered water filtration system sucks through the filter.
Suction type filters require considerably more cleaning maintenance and expense.
Restricting the water coming to a pump reduces its pumping ability.
      (It’s called a pump not a sucker)
This is the difference between right and wrong!

IF YOU DON’T BUY A ROYAL SPA, AT LEAST BUY A SPA THAT IS PROPERLY DESIGNED.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:36:24 am by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vanguard

Re: Bob's Rules of Royal Spas???
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:25:29 pm »
How does Royal Spa's do this?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

BOB's RULES & $4,000 CHALLENGE

Purchasing Guidelines - A recommendation from Bob

A recommendation from Bob – Owner of Royal SpaCorp, who has a Bachelors degree from Purdue’s School of Engineering and over 25 years experience designing and manufacturing hot tubs in Indy.

If you can show us a hot tub that is built stronger, operates more efficiently, costs less to service and cost less to own that violates one or more of “Bob’s Rules”, Royal Spa will pay you $1000.00 per “Rule” up to $4000.00.

#1 Always Buy A Spa That Has A Non-Computer Control System
·There is nothing on a spa that requires a computer to operate.
·The only one who benefits from spa computers is the repairman.

#2 Always Buy A Spa That Circulates All Of The Time
Stagnant water is usually unhealthy.
Stagnant water requires more maintenance.   (4 times more chemicals & 12 times more time)
Turning a pump off and on reduces the pump life.

#3 Always Avoid Buying A Spa With A 2-Speed Pump
They are unacceptably noisy when you are trying to relax in the spa at night.  They can also be heard inside the house.
They cause the water to overheat during the summer time unless turned off during the day.
They are expensive to operate.  The newer technology in the spa industry is gradually phasing out the 2-speed pump with its high operating cost.

#4 Always Buy A Spa That Pushes The Water Through The Filter
No correctly engineered water filtration system sucks through the filter.
Suction type filters require considerably more cleaning maintenance and expense.
Restricting the water coming to a pump reduces its pumping ability.
      (It’s called a pump not a sucker)
This is the difference between right and wrong!

IF YOU DON’T BUY A ROYAL SPA, AT LEAST BUY A SPA THAT IS PROPERLY DESIGNED.

So, he'll pay me $2,000 for buying a Hot Spring?  Hot Spring has a 24 hr circulating pump and still has some spas without a 2-speed pump.  I think there are many more brands that would qualify.  Must be something in the Indiana air that causes spa manufacturers to come up with stuff like this.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »
lol who puts a "badmouthing" section on a website???
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42