What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting search in Full Gear  (Read 4656 times)

BubbaGump

Getting search in Full Gear
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:12:53 pm »
To all of the Guys and Gals in Spa Land...  We are getting our search underway.  I have been a lurker, and have spent quite a few months doing online research to see what we want, and how to shop for one of these.

So, many of the usual suspects have made the cut and are in our search.  They are, in no particular order,  Arctic, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzi, Caldera, D-1, Marquis...  We have  been to or seen a Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Artesian, Phoenix, Morgan, Cal, Bullfrog, Coleman, Jacuzi, D-1, Marquis.  Have not seen Arctic yet, but will soon.

So, am I missing anyone on this list of mine?  My wife says I do too much research, but my feeling is that for 20+K total cost (including electrical and backyard improvements) I want to make sure we do our homework.

Feedback is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Getting search in Full Gear
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:12:53 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Getting search in Full Gear
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:55:32 pm »
I spent almost 2 years looking, researching and convincing my husband...before finally buying my Epic..(basically I had to sell him after the sales people sold me!).I don't feel that I wasted even one second...we are happy with our purchase, I swear it cured my Lyme disease...and he says it is the best stress relief ever.
..now the backyard...that's a different story ;)...many improvements still needed  :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:59:53 pm »
OK...I left out the point I was trying to make :o  duh ;D...you can't do too much research and no one can tell you what to buy. You have to feel it, and be happy with what it does for you and your family.

My friends have a Lowes tub, they love it, the husband soaks every day and for them it was the perfect choice   ;)(he also never changes his water..but that is another story)

good luck
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:27:05 pm »
To all of the Guys and Gals in Spa Land...  We are getting our search underway.  I have been a lurker, and have spent quite a few months doing online research to see what we want, and how to shop for one of these.

So, many of the usual suspects have made the cut and are in our search.  They are, in no particular order,  Arctic, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzi, Caldera, D-1, Marquis...  We have  been to or seen a Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Artesian, Phoenix, Morgan, Cal, Bullfrog, Coleman, Jacuzi, D-1, Marquis.  Have not seen Arctic yet, but will soon.

So, am I missing anyone on this list of mine?  My wife says I do too much research, but my feeling is that for 20+K total cost (including electrical and backyard improvements) I want to make sure we do our homework.

Feedback is appreciated.

Your trimmed down list is very strong. Keep plugging along. Whatever you get needs to work well for you for the next decade plus; be picky, ask questions, wet test and take your time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:24:30 pm »
    Don't worry about disclaimers in warranty  ;D   If its solid and the dealer is worthy, it wont be an issue. Once you narrow it down to 2 spas wet test as you know, go with what your gut felling, chances are at that point, either would be fine.

Let the wife pick the colors!!!  :-X

Saved by Grace

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »
Wet test, wet test, wet test.  I wouldn't even consider a tub unless I wet tested it first.  And take your time, try all the diverters and air adjustments.  Continue to look at the major manufacturers and then pick the one that fits YOU best and meets YOUR priorities.  Forget about all the other things....

And also have fun with your research and learn as much as you can but don't let it get your head spinning.  Wet test until you narrow it down to a couple of them and then buy one before you end up driving you and your wife crazy.

I'm still a newbie on this site so take my advise for what its worth...but I've just walked down the road you are going.

In His Peace,
Fred

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:12:58 pm »
Term, Chas, Spiderman, Merlin and others would agree with the following:

Pare your list down to the Hot Spring family.  Bring your wife with you and pick your spa. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:26:59 pm »
What hottubdan just said may work.  But bring your suits and be sure to wet test and try all the jet diverters and air adjustments.  You may walk out with a Hotsprings and you may not.  That's the great thing about wet testing, then you know for sure.

Did I mention you should be sure to wet test the exact tub you are buying?  :)

Fred

Summitman

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:04:49 pm »
Term, Chas, Spiderman, Merlin and others would agree with the following:

Pare your list down to the Hot Spring family.  Bring your wife with you and pick your spa. ;) ;) ;) ;)

waterboy and goarctic would recommend branching out from that tree.
 ;)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:25 am »

Let the wife pick the colors!!!  :-X

;D ;D ;DThat is what Tom always says!! ;D ;D ;D
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 01:03:55 am »

waterboy and goarctic would recommend branching out from that tree.
 ;)

I am guessing JJ would agree, as well!! ;D ;)

BG--Have fun and find what is right for you, your family, and your wallet.  So far, the tubs we have wet tested, only a few dealers are really willing to fill a tub we are interested in, and the other dealers will gladly fill a competitive or "similiar" model.  NO GO.  Not what I am buying.

Good luck and keep posting.  I am waiting for the Arctic and Dynasty and JQZ 470 to come in  to wet test.  We saw the Artesian line tonight.  Beautiful tubs, as well.  Not wet though.  Maybe in the future, if the price is right.  It is a 2 1/2 hour trip each way.

Good luck, Good night, and don't let the bed bugs bite!!! :D ;D ;D :o :o

Chrisi :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Spatini

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:23:09 pm »
Wet test, wet test, wet test.  I wouldn't even consider a tub unless I wet tested it first.  And take your time, try all the diverters and air adjustments.  Continue to look at the major manufacturers and then pick the one that fits YOU best and meets YOUR priorities.  Forget about all the other things....

And also have fun with your research and learn as much as you can but don't let it get your head spinning.  Wet test until you narrow it down to a couple of them and then buy one before you end up driving you and your wife crazy.

I'm still a newbie on this site so take my advise for what its worth...but I've just walked down the road you are going.

In His Peace,
Fred
I agree 100% on everything stated above

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:23:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42