What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 with mps dosing vs. chlorine dosing.  (Read 4026 times)

tinybubbles

N2 with mps dosing vs. chlorine dosing.
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »
I just thought I'd share my experience with N2.  Originally, I was scared to use N2 with MPS doses after soaking, so I used dichlor and only shocked with MPS.  I wasn't that impressed and figured N2 wasn't all it's cracked up to be.  With this method I couldn't go more than a day without dosing with dichlor, unless I added a super dose the day before.  At one point I used bleach, based on advice I was given, and that was a nightmare that I won't even go into.  Then I decided to add a little dichlor after soaking with mps, things went well.  I finally decided to dose with MPS after soaking and weekly shocks of dichlor.  My water has been perfect.  In fact, we had some unexpected things come up and missed 4 days in the tub and didn't even think about checking it.  I opened it up today prepared for smelly, cloudy water.  The water was perfect.  I am just so happy with the results that I wanted to share.  I feel like I'm no longer a slave to water care.  

Hot Tub Forum

N2 with mps dosing vs. chlorine dosing.
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:24 pm »

104 degrees

Re: N2 with mps dosing vs. chlorine dosing.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:29:07 pm »
I just thought I'd share my experience with N2.  Originally, I was scared to use N2 with MPS doses after soaking, so I used dichlor and only shocked with MPS.  I wasn't that impressed and figured N2 wasn't all it's cracked up to be.  With this method I couldn't go more than a day without dosing with dichlor, unless I added a super dose the day before.  At one point I used bleach, based on advice I was given, and that was a nightmare that I won't even go into.  Then I decided to add a little dichlor after soaking with mps, things went well.  I finally decided to dose with MPS after soaking and weekly shocks of dichlor.  My water has been perfect.  In fact, we had some unexpected things come up and missed 4 days in the tub and didn't even think about checking it.  I opened it up today prepared for smelly, cloudy water.  The water was perfect.  I am just so happy with the results that I wanted to share.  I feel like I'm no longer a slave to water care.  

Great news. What Brand of MPS are you using??

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:32:52 pm »
 :D CONGRADULATIONS! :D
 It's much better to have your hot tub relieve stress instead of cause it.   ;)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:28 pm »
I've always used N2, MPS and ozone and then once a week added Dichlor.  I've never had an issue.

Glad you got to that point.  It makes hot tub ownership so much nicer when you don't have to stress about water care.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:37:45 am »
104, I am using Spa Essentials spa shock

It is a big relief to find such a simple, low maintenance routine.  To be honest, I would have found it much sooner if it hadn't been for another forum I frequent.  They had me scared half to death of the horrible diseases I would get if I didn't use chlorine, specifically bleach.  There are alot of people out there that insist that N2 doesn't work.  It very well might not work for everyone, but I'm fortunate to have found success.  I know Zodiac offers dichlor dosing as an alternative to mps dosing, but I say if you are going to try N2, use it with their low chlorine recipe for the best results.  

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:31:57 am »
That's what I've been using for several years now.  I never measure my Ch since it's always 0 except after I shock (weekly).  No water problems to date.  I add the MPS before or as I soak.  

BTW I use whatever MPS is the cheapest - often from Lowes or Home Depot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:31:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42