What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover tossed 150 feet!  (Read 2605 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Cover tossed 150 feet!
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:15:39 am »
The storm front that moved through our area yesterday brought some tornadic activity.  I was home when it hit and it was quite scary.  Just afterwards I looked out on the deck and saw the hot tub cover was gone and the lifter was standing in the "open" position.  Looking out a side window I saw the cover--half was laying in my neighbor's yard and the other half was in the road about 20 feet away from the first half.  I retrieved both, hosed them down and put them back on the tub.  I'll be calling Doc tomorrow to order my new one.

The cover was bungeed down at the time but I'm sure that, after seeing the damage that occurred,  had it been secured with the plastic clips, it would have still taken flight.

Other than that and a few shingles, some sheet metal that was covering a fascia board on the roof was removed.  All-in-all, lucky and unlucky at the same time. 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Cover tossed 150 feet!
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:15:39 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Cover tossed 150 feet!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:24 am »
lucky...I think lucky!!, your cover can be replaced...thank goodness you were safe  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

windsurfdog

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:37:55 am »
Thanks, Boni...I'll like the lucky part better too!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:38:15 pm »
Windsurfcover ;D

I would consider yourself lucky
Bullfrog 451

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »
Glad your loss was as minimal as it was.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »
Thanks to all for the kind thoughts.  

After surveying the neighborhood, three residences that are on the other side of the canal from me and down about 250 feet or so lost screen porches but didn't lose furniture from the porches!  Also, an owner of one of those residences saw their 31 foot sailboat lift out of the water and splash down again...no harm done to the vessel.  Another owner looked out and saw the water in the canal travelling in a circular motion whereupon her husband told her to "hit the floor".  After it passed, the screening and roof of the screen porch was gone but all of their wicker furniture and all small decorative things were left in place.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for sure!

And, I've learned a lesson...next time I'm home when a tornado warning is issued, I'll be putting the hurricane straps on the cover JIC...gotta luv that hindsight!

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »
Congratulations, I'd say you're a lucky man.

Have a grateful toast with that next sapphire martini while tubbing!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42