What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi and Islander Spas  (Read 8100 times)

Lisa

Jacuzzi and Islander Spas
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:33 pm »
Hello...

I'm interested in buying a hot tub and so far looked at Jacuzzi and Islander Spas.  Can't really find that much info on the Islander hot tubs.  Wondering if that is a bad sign...Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lisa

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi and Islander Spas
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:33 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi and Islander Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:44:21 pm »
 Cant help you with the Islander, never heard of it least in my area anyway. I do know quite a bit about the Jacuzzi!!  Their are a few other manufacturers you may look at as well.  

Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, Arctic just to name a few!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:46:03 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

tinybubbles

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:28 am »
Are you referring to the Island series spas made by Artesian?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 11:08:39 am »
Are you referring to the Island series spas made by Artesian?

I'm guessing it's Artesian...

http://www.oasispoolsplus.com/seop/dept.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=55086&WT%2Esvl=deptnav2

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:21:14 am »

I'm guessing it's Artesian...

... probably true but it also could be Islander spas who are a regional spa maker.

http://www.islanderspas.net/company.htm
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:24:24 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:33 am »

... probably true but it also could be Islander spas who are a regional spa maker.

http://www.islanderspas.net/company.htm

Hmm, well look at that! That might be it! Never heard of 'em.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 12:29:38 pm »

Hmm, well look at that! That might be it! Never heard of 'em.

I saw them at the show a few years back. I only remember them because they had these platic tables that screwed into the center of the footwell so if you want to have a card game, play monopoly or simply have dinner in the spa its easier to do.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:31:08 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

clover

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 03:06:13 pm »
Hello...

I'm interested in buying a hot tub and so far looked at Jacuzzi and Islander Spas.  Can't really find that much info on the Islander hot tubs.  Wondering if that is a bad sign...Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lisa
Artesian Spas http://artesianspas.com/makes the Island Series along with the Platinum Series and Gold Series Spas.  It's like Hot Springs and the different lines they have.  It's like saying I have never heard of Tiger River, Solana, or Hot Spot, all of which are made by Watkins.  Artesian Spas get pretty good marks here  at WTBHT, and it is a little surprising to see some of these subtle comments that make them look like a "no name manufacturer".

Platinum Series is their top of the line and the Island Series allows you to add or subtract features from your Hot Tub.  First pick a model like the Grand Bahama, now do you want that with 32 jets, 44 jets, 52 or 62 jets.  Add to that the additional options that you want like ozone, circ pump, waterfalls, fancy lighting, 3 year warranty or 5 year warranty, etc.  This allows you for add or delete the features YOU want, and of course that influences the price to be more or less.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 03:24:11 pm »
Artesian Spas http://artesianspas.com/makes the Island Series along with the Platinum Series and Gold Series Spas.  It's like Hot Springs and the different lines they have.  It's like saying I have never heard of Tiger River, Solana, or Hot Spot, all of which are made by Watkins.  Artesian Spas get pretty good marks here  at WTBHT, and it is a little surprising to see some of these subtle comments that make them look like a "no name manufacturer".

Platinum Series is their top of the line and the Island Series allows you to add or subtract features from your Hot Tub.  First pick a model like the Grand Bahama, now do you want that with 32 jets, 44 jets, 52 or 62 jets.  Add to that the additional options that you want like ozone, circ pump, waterfalls, fancy lighting, 3 year warranty or 5 year warranty, etc.  This allows you for add or delete the features YOU want, and of course that influences the price to be more or less.

That is the Island Series.  This is Islander Spas.  There is a difference.  Islander Spas is out of California.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 03:30:04 pm »

I didn't think she was talking about the Artesian spa line is why I made my comment, and probably same with the others as well.

We use to sell Artesians so I am well aware of the ISLAND series from them, not the ISLANDER series she spoke of.  Just to clear a few things up.

The Artesian Island series is a nice spa line!  But only comes with a 3 year warranty for the price of it when fully loaded should be 5.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:30:35 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 03:35:08 pm »
 Artesian Spas get pretty good marks here  at WTBHT, and it is a little surprising to see some of these subtle comments that make them look like a "no name manufacturer".

My apologies..... I'll try to be more considerate of your feelings in future when there’s a brand I’ve never heard of before...  ::)  ;D

The question was NOT about Artesian directly but rather about Islander Spas which could be one of a couple possibilities by the looks of it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:41:45 pm by Steve »

clover

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 03:48:55 pm »
I stand corrected.  Islander Spas http://www.islanderspas.net/company.htm IS a regional manufacturer in CA.  My bad.  Just goes to show you how our industry creates confusion for all, especially when one assumes......
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:49:22 pm by clover »
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 06:03:55 pm »
Islander spas is really a manufacturer I would be weary about. A lot of midwest presence. The person(s) who represent them in the midwest used to do Sequoia spas which are no longer around and they look identical to Islander. Funny Sequoia dissappeared right when Islander showed up.
Before the Seqouia/Islander switch over, there was similar incident with Seqouia/Cal-Ex spas, and before that Funs spas and the history goes on. The names change and the spas look the same, and then nobody warrants the previous brand name. This would be a major red flag to me.

Erin

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 09:46:01 am »
The company that I work for sells Islander Spas and they are a very good hot tub. The main reason why you don't hear a lot about them is due to the fact that they put more of their advertising money towards their engineering.

We were a dealer for Sequoia as well and the owner of Islander bought the molds from Sequoia, they are not the same owner.

We have been selling Islander Spas for the past 6+ years and have had very little problems with them. They focus a lot of therapy and not so much the "bling". The company is extremely easy to get along with and they have a very good support staff.

If you would like more information feel free to pm me.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:33 pm »
The "tiles" look nice.  Interesting therapy.

How long have they used the "rollassage" jets?
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42