What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's over; but now it's just begining.....  (Read 5200 times)

Saved by Grace

It's over; but now it's just begining.....
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
We woke up at 3:30 AM and put on over 400 miles today but we made a decision and purchased the Jacuzzi J480.  Our first stop this morning was in Oconomowoc WI were we wet tested the J375.  It wasn't even close to what we had hoped for.  I am so glad we were able to find one that we could wet test because were really considering purchasing it.

From there we drove back north and stopped in at a Hot Springs dealer in Omro WI where we were able to wet test a Grandee.  It was a good tub that we just didn't fit in as well as the J480.  Ever since wet testing the J480 nothing has compared to it for us.  We left the Omro store knowing that we needed to make a decision between the Grandee and the J480.  We have really grown to like and trust the local HS dealer (Spiderman) and decided that the Grandee was really in play.  It was less expensive then the J480 and the service would be good and the dealers within 5 miles of us.

However, we decided that we really liked the J480.  For us it was simply the best tub.  So we came up with a plan.  We decided to stop in Green Bay at the Jacuzzi dealer and shot him a low price (what we perceive to be anyways).  They had started at 11,300 for a 2008 without a stereo or lift ($300.00) and the manager had reduced that to $10,800 yesterday.  So we went there today and told them we would pay $10,000 which would include the lift.  If they would not do it for that we were set on buying the Grandee from Spiderman.

Their reply was they would do it for $10,100 and we told them thank you but the 10K was were needed to be.  We thanked them for their time and started walking out.  He then stopped us and asked if we would do it today for the 10k and we then had a deal.  So we ended up getting the J480 with everthing (no stereo) for 10K.  That was a long ways from the $11,300 (without the $300 lift) they had started out at and ended up being only $500 more than we would have paid for the Grandee.

So now the tub will be here in 3 weeks and the fun is just beginning.  We need to add onto our deck....however the snow hasn't even melted yet.  Aslo have to the electric run....

It will be a very hectic 3 weeks but I can't wait to sit in our own tub in our own yard...

Sorry for the longwinded post but I wanted to share our experience with you all because this forum has helped us greatly by educating us.  Thanks to all.  I have to run now because I'm going to grab my wife's hair dryer and start melting the snow.

In His Peace,
Fred

Hot Tub Forum

It's over; but now it's just begining.....
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: It's over; but now it's just begining.....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:40 pm »
"That was a long ways from the $11,300"

wow
but with the economy tanking
it doesn't surprise me
congrats
happy tubbing

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »
Well played on your part! ;D

Zep, he dropped that price quicker than Jackie Smith drops footballs!

Enjoy! :)
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:12:53 pm »
Congrats on the purchase. How far away is your Jacuzzi dealer going to be from you? Take some pictures for us.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:14:03 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 09:41:33 pm »
Our jacuzzi dealer is about an hour away.  We have in writing that the first year the service charge (travel fee) is free and for the balance of the warranty it is $45.  This is their standard policy but I wanted it written and they did it without hesitation.  They have 5 stores in the state of Wisconsin and have been in business for over 57 years.  My mom and dad bought a pool from them when I was very young in their original Milwaukee store.

I will certainly take pictures.  I should have taken a before picture earlier before I took my wife's hair dryer to the snow bank off the end of our deck.  Actually I spread it out with our four-wheeler.

We are extremely excited to have found the right tub.  We did a lot of research and put on a lot of miles driving to a lot of stores and got wet several times...it was all worth.  I can't wait.

AND to ANYONE reading this that is searching for a tub and considering buying one without wet testing it first.  DON'T DO IT.  Do whatever it takes to find one that is wet and jump in.  This way you know for sure how it fits you.

In His Peace,
Fred

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 10:56:54 pm »
Fred,
It really is amazing to find that one tub that fits just right, isn't it?  The J480 was awesome to me -- my 2nd favorite of all we tested.  2nd fave for my wife was the HS.  You couldn't go wrong with either tub, but when you wet test -- as you said -- you really know which one is THE ONE.  Congrats on the purchase.  Post your pics once you're done.  My tub comes next week, and I should have pics up shortly thereafter.
Mike

Spatini

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:13 pm »
Congrats SBG,
 I also loved the J 480 and probably will be buying it this week , I think you made a great decision and you are absolutley right about WET -TESTING before you buy, my problem was that I found two  that I loved so it all boils down to $$$. I think you made a great deal and played your cards right. what colors did you get for the shell and cabinet??

Saved by Grace

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:03:41 am »
We went with the platinum shell and the walnut cabinet.  Spatini, your post helped us understand just how much more room we had to negotiate with the price.  Thanks a bunch.

IL Parrothead....One week?  Sounds great!  I can't wait the three....  I'd be soaking right now if it were here.

Thanks,
Fred

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 01:10:55 pm »
We went with the platinum shell and the walnut cabinet.  Spatini, your post helped us understand just how much more room we had to negotiate with the price.  Thanks a bunch.

IL Parrothead....One week?  Sounds great!  I can't wait the three....  I'd be soaking right now if it were here.

Thanks,
Fred
Fred,
Congratulations with the purchase. After looking at several brands I find myself drawn to the Jacuzzi's, my only problem is that I'm not sure about my local dealer. IMHO I think that Jacuzzi's are the BMW's of the spa's. If Hot Springs are the Harley's of the business then I would say that Jacuzzi's are the BMW's of the spa business. You chose wisely......

Good Luck,
Scott  ;)

BTW Parrothead, I forget what tub did you buy?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:16 pm »
We have 4 new shoppers here on the site and 2 of them have bought Jacuzzi J-480's. I see a trend here. JJ will be proud.....

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:14:02 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:04 pm »

Thanks,
Fred

Spatini

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
Like a dummy I forgot to put in my reply on previuos post oops,
SBG  I'm glad to have helped in some way,, I am also going to get the Platinum Shell but with the Silverwood cabinet. Like you I cant wait , I have been out in the yard trying to get a visual of Spa placement and the whole SpaScaping I 'm am now going to be pulling my hair out over trying to get it the way I want , Whew does this ever end :o :o

Spatini

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 02:34:37 pm »
Fred,
 If Hot Springs are the Harley's of the business then I would say that Jacuzzi's are the BMW's of the spa business. You chose wisely......

Good Luck,
Scott  ;)

BTW Parrothead, I forget what tub did you buy?

Spatini

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 02:38:10 pm »
Shoot I did it again,  
Swell, I like the Harley / BMW analogy , hmmmmm what about Lexus , Merecedes , rice rockets ??

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 06:51:45 pm »
Spatini, your post helped us understand just how much more room we had to negotiate with the price

way to go Spatini!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 06:51:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42