What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Spas  (Read 34243 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Limelight Spas
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2008, 02:22:57 am »
That's what I hear from most of our customers - that the jets in their HotSpring tubs put out more than enough oomph.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2008, 02:22:57 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2008, 03:07:13 am »

I believe the Caldera spas typically put out more jet pressure than HS. I'm not sure if this has to do with using more powerful pumps or if it's related to having bypass filtering. The dealers might be able to chime in here.

I was in the same camp when I was looking for a spas. I thought I wanted a spa that would pound you with very high jet pressure. As it turns out, you can only take a few minutes of that. As a matter of fact, 80% of the time my family turns the jets completely off when we soak.  I would tend to go with a dealer that you can trust and one that will be around for you in the future. Good luck with your quest.

For me personally I just do not care for the Caldera jets in my wet testing (I actually had deposit down a Caldera) I found the jets they use to be to small creating high pressure just like a high pressure nozzle would do on a garden hose. I am not trying to knock the Calderas many people seem to like them. But if I had liked the them I would not be a dealer today.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2008, 11:31:51 am »
That's what I hear from most of our customers - that the jets in their HotSpring tubs put out more than enough oomph.

8-)

See the problem is that if you are packing too much extra weight like me you need more oomph to get through the fat. I'm thinking a wet test on a Grandee might be in order.....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vanguard

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2008, 09:04:41 pm »

See the problem is that if you are packing too much extra weight like me you need more oomph to get through the fat. I'm thinking a wet test on a Grandee might be in order.....

It would be worth the time, just so you know if it will work for you or not.  You don't want to be left wandering "what if" on a purchase like this.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:41 pm »

Anyway my problem with most tubs is finding a deep seat. I'm 6'0" and my wife is 5'5" and we both have a 30" inseam on our pants. So I have an extra 7" in the torso (there I go bragging again). When I sit in a tub I want my shoulders under the water and neck jets making butter out of my neck, which is my major problem area. Also I don't want a lounger or whimpy jets and I want color lights, waterfall, nice sound system and a tub that isn't so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation while you are sitting in it. Am I asking to much or is there such a spa?

Scott  ::)
[/quote]

Scott--Have you found anything yet??  We are looking for deep seats (hubby is 6' 2 1/2 " 240 and I am 5/5) and lots of jets and bling.  Gets overwhelming the more you look.  But, hey,  the last spa I owned (really my mom's, RIP) was a Viking 1  and that was fun enough, what with a beer and a cigar ;) after work and snow faling around....hmmmmm...that is why we are looking again!!

Chrisi of wewannahottub
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2008, 04:04:09 pm »
::)Scott--Have you found anything yet??  We are looking for deep seats (hubby is 6' 2 1/2 " 240 and I am 5/5) and lots of jets and bling.  Gets overwhelming the more you look.  But, hey,  the last spa I owned (really my mom's, RIP) was a Viking 1  and that was fun enough, what with a beer and a cigar ;) after work and snow faling around....hmmmmm...that is why we are looking again!!

Chrisi of wewannahottub
[/quote]

I wet test a Sundance Optima this Thursday, and I have high hopes. I did look at a Sundance Maxxum and it is 40 inches deep I really liked it except it had a big lounger in it. The Optima is 36 or 37 inches deep so I will let you know.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2008, 11:38:48 pm »
::)Scott--Have you found anything yet??  We are looking for deep seats (hubby is 6' 2 1/2 " 240 and I am 5/5) and lots of jets and bling.  Gets overwhelming the more you look.  But, hey,  the last spa I owned (really my mom's, RIP) was a Viking 1  and that was fun enough, what with a beer and a cigar ;) after work and snow faling around....hmmmmm...that is why we are looking again!!

Chrisi of wewannahottubI wet test a Sundance Optima this Thursday, and I have high hopes. I did look at a Sundance Maxxum and it is 40 inches deep I really liked it except it had a big lounger in it. The Optima is 36 or 37 inches deep so I will let you know.

Scott  ;)

Good Luck.  Our Sundance dealer tells us that the Maxxus is what Ben Roethlisberger of the Stillers (GO Stillers!) bought--cost some fat cash, of which he makes.  Just a litle tidbit for any of you Steeler fans heehee LOL

Chrisi

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2008, 11:43:12 pm »

Good Luck.  Our Sundance dealer tells us that the Maxxus is what Ben Roethlisberger of the Stillers (GO Stillers!) bought--cost some fat cash, of which he makes.  Just a litle tidbit for any of you Steeler fans heehee LOL

Chrisi

Sundance dealer told me that the Optima is not available tomorrow night and we will have to wet test the Maxxus. So all but one of my wet test have been a lounger model.

Scott  :(
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2008, 11:49:19 pm »
I love my 07 Optima.  No lounger but that isn't a problem.  Great foot well  with plenty of jets.  A couple of shallower seats and a couple of deeper seats.  Something for everyone.

Hold out for a wet test in the Optima.   If the dealer wants your business, he will get one ready for you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:50:15 pm by sonofsail »
"Growing older but not up..."

wewannahottub

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:24 am »

Sundance dealer told me that the Optima is not available tomorrow night and we will have to wet test the Maxxus. So all but one of my wet test have been a lounger model.

Scott  :(

You don't think it is a ploy to sell you the bigger (and more $$) tub, do you??

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2008, 12:25:58 am »
You don't think it is a ploy to sell you the bigger (and more $$) tub, do you??

Might be, but I have made it clear that I don't want a lounger because IMHO they are a big waste of space in a tub. Maybe I will be converted but so far it hasn't happened.

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:27:09 am by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2008, 12:26:58 am »
I love my 07 Optima.  No lounger but that isn't a problem.  Great foot well  with plenty of jets.  A couple of shallower seats and a couple of deeper seats.  Something for everyone.

Hold out for a wet test in the Optima.   If the dealer wants your business, he will get one ready for you.

I gotta agree with SOS--if the Optima is what you want to wet test--hold out for it!!

Sounds again like a ploy to get you soakin' in the bigger tub.  (and lovin' it)

We made that mistake on the Clearwater we wet tested--"I don't think the manager will fill the Orlando.  He wants to take it to a show).  So, the show is coming, but the salesgirl doesn't "know what tubs he's is taking"-----------which led me to start this whole new thread!!!

wewannahottub

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2008, 12:28:42 am »

Might be, but I have made it clear that I don't want a lounger because IMHO they are a big waste of space in a tub. Maybe I will be converted but so far it hasn't happened.

Scott  ;)
[/quote

I agree as well, which is why we started focusing on the Clearwater orlando--2 HUGE massage chairs  that are not loungers.  O well.  there are others out there.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2008, 10:58:31 am »
We're moving the Limelight Flair into the mood room and I'll do a full review on it.

You can see it all live on the webcam.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2008, 11:01:52 am »
We're moving the Limelight Flair into the mood room and I'll do a full review on it.

You can see it all live on the webcam.

Term

Post that link again for the web cam will ya... thx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2008, 11:01:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42