What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soaking in the rain  (Read 7232 times)

Spatini

Soaking in the rain
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »
I love to sit out on the back porch ( covered ) when it is raining and just enjoying the sounds and the cleanliness of the air , I live on a lake and the views are really great, I am now in the process of wet testing spa's ( thanks to this forum , as I would never have thought about trying them with water and so far I am a bit suprised by the outcome , but more on this later ) As it is raining outside at this very moment it occurred to me that I would love being in the spa, not sure if the final placement will have a roof over it or not , but if it is a  light rain , will the PH of the spa get screwed up by the rain or does it make that big of a differance , and does any one else like to soak in the rain ? ( not a lightning infused downpour but a nice gentle rain) this is my first post here and I have read several hundred posts and have gained much info , so THANKS to all here .

Hot Tub Forum

Soaking in the rain
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »

Cyn

Re: Soaking in the rain
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:31:33 pm »
Saoking in the rain is great!!  Soaking in a snow fall is even better.  Soaking under the stars is too wonderful to put a cover over your soon to be new tub!!

d8

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:47:38 pm »
I'm going to take a SWAG here and say that rain will make little difference to your spa's chemistry. Any change in ph or alkilinty would be small enough to be easily correctible.

On the other hand, raindrops and snowflakes form around motes of dust in the upper atomsphere, so you might end up reducing the useful life of your filter by a few fraction of a second per month.

[/science]

Catnip King of Montana. (and independant tech)

Spatini

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »
d8 ,I also thought that it would not matter much but as I have never had a spa ,I just did not know, as most pics I see of spas are out in the open I hoped most people would still enjoy the spa in a light rain and not have to wait for the weather to clear up,

Cyn , I also look forward to sitting out under the stars , so when thinking of covering the spa now, I would probably go with some type of Pergola with a cover that i could add in the rain if needed , then at night I could still view all of the stars above.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:59:22 pm »
Saoking in the rain is great!!  Soaking in a snow fall is even better.  Soaking under the stars is too wonderful to put a cover over your soon to be new tub!!

I gotta agree with Cyn, which is why we are on the hunt for a new spa...

I'd rather it be in the open, though, but it would require too much $$$ to re-do our deck.

So, the covered porch it will be, where I can soak int the rain...
 ;)
WWHT
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Spatini

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 09:29:59 pm »
wwht , I am going to reinvent the left back corner of my yard , so the first thing to do is find the right tub which I think I have found after wet testing all the better tubs that I have locally or semi locally , from some of your previous posts i see your hubby is interested in an Artesian Piper Glenn, I have narrowed down to either the Piper or the Artesian Pelican Bay, I wet tested the HS aria and the Vista , the Sundance Cameo the better CalSpa and a Tiger river Capsian and the Artesian Dove Canyon and thier Island series Grand Bahama, all the tubs were good but the Dove Canyon absolutley blew away the others for my comfort and therapy. But I loved the foot dome in the tiger , so I am going to lean to the Piper or the Pelican , They want $11,500 for an 08 Piper with dynabrite lights and they gave me price of $12,900 for the 08 Pelican with dynabrite and the polyplaner stereo, I liked the lounge in the dove canyon and the footdome in the Piper, with the Pelican I get both and the stereo for $1,500 more than the Piper, You are right this stuff is very perplexing , I have lots of room so space is not a factor ( man the Pelican is huge ) , to many choices my head is about to blow.it must be miller time!

wewannahottub

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 09:47:48 pm »
spatini

remainds me of a martini ;)

You must have the good fortune to have and Artesian dealer nearby.  You must also be on the Western side of the Mississippi, and we are south of Pittsburgh (Go Penguins!! ;D)  Our closest dealer that actually carries something is 3 hours away.  And, he already told us up front there is at LEAST a $150 service charge....

Today, we wet tested D1 and Master--both at same dealer---I know there is another thread beating up Master spas----but it was hot and ready, so for shitz and giggles, the Master LSX floated me and me big tree-hubby out, although if he slouched his broad shoulders under the neck jets....

The Amore Bay was best so far seat wise with their 2 total massage seats, but the neck jets on the adjustable head pillows sprayed everywhere.  But, that wasn't what we went out to look at==we wanted to see the Lotus Bay, and it seems if you go for the very curvilinear seating design, hope you are smaller or not very broad shouldered.  Back to the amore--well--if it wasn't for the big bench set which doesn't offer much lean-back... :-/  it would have been OK.  In addition, if you move around on the bench with the thigh jets going===see the smiley :o :o :o :o :o :-[

well, hope your pickin' up what i'm puttin' down  heeheehee ;) ;D

I know hubby would agree with you miller time. I've got some Mikes in the fridge for me. ;))

Good luck and we want some pix when you are done.  SOunds like you have some time to decide, so don't let anyone pressure you.

WWHT

Spatini

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 10:21:46 pm »
spatini

remainds me of a martini ;)

WWHT
WWHT,
 Sounds Like we both know of good Libations,
The Artesian Dealer is about 75-80 miles from me and for the first year they will not charge a service fee between 2-5 they will charge a $60.00 fee .You are right I live just on the western side of the mississippi , in AR, I really wanted to go with HS as the dealer is about 5 miles from home but I just could not find one that fit me right, I have been on a quest for about 6 months now .You should take Hubby on a road trip and try the Pelican it is so roomy and the fit and finish is great,I loved the single seat controls , the lounge was countoured perfectly and not so deep to float you out,But $$$$$$$ ouch. good luck in your search

wewannahottub

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 10:40:48 pm »
WWHT,
 Sounds Like we both know of good Libations,

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] [smiley=bath.gif]

I know that looks cheesy--I haven't figured out how to get more smiley's.  I'll have to ask jacuzzi jim. ;)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:02 am »
There's not a better spa libation for my money than a wonderful Sapphire martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives...aaaahhhh!

This happens quite often at our place!

8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 03:03:13 pm »
A good offset umbrella will give you the choice of rain or no rain. They usually swivel as well, so you can swing it over a patio set near the spa if you want. They are availabe from many makers. We sell a couple different ones, but Google "Offset Umbrella" and you'll come up with plenty of choices.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:52 pm »
There's not a better spa libation for my money than a wonderful Sapphire martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives...aaaahhhh!

This happens quite often at our place!

8-)

Windy I'm all about Sapphire martini's, and I love bleu cheese, but where do you get bleu cheese stuffed olives.....

In Canada eh

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:05 pm »

but where do you get bleu cheese stuffed olives.....

Windy's house ;)
Bullfrog 451

Spatini

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 11:27:11 pm »
A good offset umbrella will give you the choice of rain or no rain. They usually swivel as well, so you can swing it over a patio set near the spa if you want. They are availabe from many makers. We sell a couple different ones, but Google "Offset Umbrella" and you'll come up with plenty of choices.

8-)
Chas'
 Thats a good Idea , how do they hold up in a strong wind?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:06:35 am »
Not well, but that was only my experience. If you are wise, you take the umbrella down when you are expecting winds or a storm. I was out and a thunderstorm came up..I rushed to get the umbrella down and it was quite a struggle.  Probably best to only put it up when someone is using the tub. :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:06:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42