What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 54912 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 12:32:08 pm »

Great choice of spa!!! You can't go wrong with a Legend SE. It comes with a solid 10 year Fully covered parts and labor warranty. That is almost unheard of in the spa industry.

Question for the board as I am not sure, and I am not trying to stir the pot. Does any other spa offer a 10 year fully covered parts and labor warranty? Again, I am not trying to stir the pot, and I am just curious if there is.

10 years on everything top to bottom? Are you sure?

Scott  :o
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 12:32:08 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 12:38:49 pm »
I just read the Arctic warranty and it is 10 years for LSE's. What is an LSE? I can't find the meaning of the acronym on the website.

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Water Boy

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2008, 12:40:03 pm »

10 years on everything top to bottom? Are you sure?

Scott  :o

Yes, 100% sure. The cover has a 3 year warranty, but everything else on a Legend SE is fully covered for 10 years, and it is not pro-rated either. If a pump goes bad in the 9th year and the 11th month of ownership, it is covered, parts and labor. It really is a great warranty.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Water Boy

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2008, 12:41:12 pm »
I just read the Arctic warranty and it is 10 years for LSE's. What is an LSE? I can't find the meaning of the acronym on the website.

Scott  :-?

Legend SE Series.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 12:41:38 pm »
Warranties can be upgraded at a cost to the consumer. It's not a freebee and I bet my left nut that Arctic doesn't pick up the tab for that. ;)

Beachcomber as an example, would come with a standard 5 year gurantee which could be upgraded annually for every year thereafter for (I think) $250.00.

That would give you a fully covered lifetime gurantee on the spa (if you were willing to pay for that peace of mind). The cover was still 2 years...

Water Boy

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2008, 12:46:56 pm »
Warranties can be upgraded at a cost to the consumer. It's not a freebee and I bet my left nut that Arctic doesn't pick up the tab for that. ;)

Beachcomber as an example, would come with a standard 5 year gurantee which could be upgraded annually for every year thereafter for (I think) $250.00.

That would give you a fully covered lifetime gurantee on the spa (if you were willing to pay for that peace of mind). The cover was still 2 years...

Actually, you are wrong on that Steve and you can keep your left nut. If a customer buys a Lenged SE spa, it comes standard with a FULL 10 year warranty. Arctic's standard warranty on all spas that aren't SE's have 5 years of full warranty. But, the Legend SE has a 10 year full warranty.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:48:02 pm by Happy_Madison »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 12:52:39 pm »
What's the MSRP on that spa?  I read over on the other forum that on a Tundra it was around $20K! :o

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 12:53:57 pm »

Actually, you are wrong on that Steve and you can keep your left nut. If a customer buys a Lenged SE spa, it comes standard with a FULL 10 year warranty. Arctic's standard warranty on all spas that aren't SE's have 5 years of full warranty. But, the Legend SE has a 10 year full warranty.

Oh I don't doubt it comes standard with a 10 year warranty at all. My point was that the cost of that warranty is directly placed on the consumer as is all warranties or upgrades.
It sounds impressive (and it is) but the reality is that the consumer absorbs 100% of that cost as they do for a standard 5 year warranty.

Steve
missing left nut

Summitman

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2008, 12:58:26 pm »

Oh I don't doubt it comes standard with a 10 year warranty at all. My point was that the cost of that warranty is directly placed on the consumer as is all warranties or upgrades.
It sounds impressive (and it is) but the reality is that the consumer absorbs 100% of that cost as they do for a standard 5 year warranty.

Steve
missing left nut

Kind of the same as when you sold spas and included "free delivery" isnt it.  That is included in the cost of the total spa.  So really what you brought up initially is a moot point?  Im pretty sure that the person that is buying the spa realizes that having a ten year warranty probably causes that spa to cost more.  Its peace of mind more than anything.

Water Boy

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2008, 01:01:49 pm »
What's the MSRP on that spa?  I read over on the other forum that on a Tundra it was around $20K! :o

Term

The number you saw Term was in Canadian MSRP, and it not accurate for US MSRP. The msrp for that spa is our most expensive, but still affordable for lots.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:33 pm »
Yep!  The customer does pay for all of that.

The number you saw Term was in Canadian MSRP, and it not accurate for US MSRP. The msrp for that spa is our most expensive, but still affordable for lots.

Okee Dokee! :)

Term
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:04:19 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2008, 01:08:12 pm »
GO ARCTIC, GO ARCTIC.
Oh wait I don't have a dealership here in Vegas.
GO SOMETHING ELSE, GO SOMETHING ELSE (I kid, I kid)

Scott  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:23 pm »

So what is the US MSRP?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2008, 01:11:50 pm »
Being the consumer advocate that I am (and I'm not referring to Arctic but to ALL spa companies, my brand included), if a customer wanted a lower price on a new spa, could they waive their warranty rights and have that amount deducted from the cost?

Is there some law that prevents this?

If it could be done, what would be the dollar amount?

Term
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:28:19 pm by East_TX_Spa »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2008, 01:23:59 pm »
Good, highly competitive warranty at 10 or 5 years.

Looks an awful lot like Sundance's.

Stereo's are 1 year.

Equipment warranty can be voided if chemistry is not properly maintained.  That's the same for most spas - but...
Hot Springs has a No-Fault heater warranty (and they back it up); Bullfrog has a BlameFree equipment warranty (even jets, pumps, controls, etc. and they back it up).

In the event of a bad (leaky) shaft seal, the remaining pump damage is not covered.

Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2008, 01:23:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42