What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bluewater spa's????  (Read 4890 times)

plkrog2

Bluewater spa's????
« on: March 31, 2008, 05:46:27 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2008-MONTEGO-BAY-148-JET-TV-SPA-Hot-Tub-Spas-Tubs_W0QQitemZ160224365138QQihZ006QQcategoryZ42240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Follow the link, has anybody ever heard of this type?? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Bluewater spa's????
« on: March 31, 2008, 05:46:27 pm »

plkrog2

Re: Bluewater spa's????
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:58:21 pm »
I should also mention that I currently own a Hydrospa (Omni), that I bought "new" from dealer that has now since disappeared.  Finding parts for this tub is like pulling teeth, when I do, they are extremely expensive.  Nobody in my area (Buffalo, NY) is interested in servicing it.  Now the darn thing leaks, it will loose about 1' of water in three days, I have pulled the body panels off and can not find the leak anywhere.  I am fed up with this tub and want to buy a replacement.  I like the # of jets and other options that the bluewater comes with (can't seem to find anything like it).  I certainly am willing to hear any suggestions, though.

Thanks again,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:12:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:12:58 pm »
I should also mention that I currently own a Hydrospa (Omni), that I bought "new" from dealer that has now since disappeared.  Finding parts for this tub is like pulling teeth, when I do, they are extremely expensive.  Nobody in my area (Buffalo, NY) is interested in servicing it.  Now the darn thing leaks, it will loose about 1' of water in three days, I have pulled the body panels off and can not find the leak anywhere.  I am fed up with this tub and want to buy a replacement.  I like the # of jets and other options that the bluewater comes with (can't seem to find anything like it).  I certainly am willing to hear any suggestions, though.

Thanks again,

Anyone can sell spas via e-Bay and just saying they are high quality means nothing. It says it will be energy efficient but I’d expect the exact opposite. It says “state of the art” electronics but in reality they'll sue the cheapest spa packs they can get a hold of which is what you'd expect because this is supposed to be a price buster after all but they instead BS it to sound like its top notch equipment when it won’t be. I see other terms used like "superior", "worry free" and "nation wide in home service” that make me cringe because it’s all smoke and mirrors. It says “excellent warranty” but I'm not sure I'd even bother printing it out; you should expect to be totally on your own. If you're not a DIYer then expect to pay to have this serviced from an independent person. For that reason, as a test to see what you might be up against in the future, you might want to call around the service people in your area and 1) ask them their opinion and 2) see if you can find anyone that would even be willing to service this down the line.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:42:48 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:35 pm »
looks like a rip off of an H series CalSpa
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:08:59 pm »
I hope you like mini jets.  That spa is full of mini jets.  

The spa may have a lot of jets, but the majority of them are the same.  You won't get different massages in different seats.

I've never heard of them.  I'd stay away from anything sold like this.  You want to be able to go touch it, feel it, WET TEST it (except in the state of Nevada).

It sounds like you've had a bad experience with a bad dealer.  Don't go the opposite route and have no dealer at all.  

Find the reputable brands sold in your area.  Check out references for the dealers of those spas in that area.  Make an informed decision by going in and visiting with the dealers.  You'll be much happier in the end.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:15:01 pm »
Okay, so I got curious as to how many different types of jets this spa had.  I think I could see three varieties.  

3   Large jets
16 Medium Jets
Hell of a lot of mini jets.  

And can I say, Holy Bypass Batman.  Six bypass ports in the footwell.  Does any water get filtered in this spa?  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41:56 pm »
Does any water get filtered in this spa?  

yes but only when the spa is off.  ;D
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

plkrog2

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:27 pm »
Thanks to all of you that replied. Sounds to me like the Bluewater is just another Hydrospa.  Don't know exactly what bypass ports are but it doesn't sound like six of them is necessarily good. From reading the review section it sounds like emerald, arteian or master spa's could be a better choice for me.  Ok I like the bells and whistles!!.  What do you think of these choices, do you think I am going to get what I want?

Thanks again... 8-)

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 08:08:39 pm »
All 3 are good brands and they will be there to help you if you have any issues. Thats one of the most important things. Artesian spas have a lot of the bells and whistles and tons of jets.

I'm not as familiar with emerald and Master only because they don't have any dealers in my area but i have heard good things about both companies.

Just make sure to shop around and do some research and sit in the spas you like, and with the help of us you will be happy with your purchase.  :)

In Canada eh

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:15:10 pm »
plkrog2,

Buffalo (home of the Toronto Bills ;))  should have a large number of dealers.  Check around for (in no particular order)

Hot Springs
Caldera
Coleman
D1
Jacuzzi
Sundance
Bullfrog
Artesian
Beachcomber

I know I have left a few out but the list represents some of the better spa manufacurers on the market.  Take your time and look around and remember to wt test before you buy

Good luck shopping
Bullfrog 451

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:52 pm »
Thanks to all of you that replied. Sounds to me like the Bluewater is just another Hydrospa.  Don't know exactly what bypass ports are but it doesn't sound like six of them is necessarily good. From reading the review section it sounds like emerald, arteian or master spa's could be a better choice for me.  Ok I like the bells and whistles!!.  What do you think of these choices, do you think I am going to get what I want?

Thanks again... 8-)

I'd re-consider on Master.  Just do a search of them on this forum.  They have very shady business practices as a company.  They may have some good dealers here and there.

The list from In Canada eh  has a good representation of the best brands out there.  Stick with these and you won't have another Hydro experience.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:20:24 pm by aquatub »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42