What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera v.s. Sunbelt  (Read 14937 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Caldera v.s. Sunbelt
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 08:57:25 pm »
As I have stated in other posts, I am not sure what your Vanguard does for you therapy wise and jet placement.  TO try to sum it up in a nutshell-----

ALL spas have back therapy, and seems MOST now come with neck therapy.  AND seems most spas have to have a lounger, which I don't want, to get Leg and Foot therapy.  So, no, I haven;t wet tested anything but a Clearwater (and stillnot the model I wanted--which in part led to the "Salesperson" thread)----and I intend on wet testing more--waiting for the Dynasty and Arctic models I'm interested in, to be available.

But, Looking at HS and Cald. I don't see that much that impresses me for the lower parts--the Niagara would be the best of the 2, but you have to turn to the side and either beat the crap out of one kidney or turn the jets off.  

When I see Clearwater Orlando, Arctic Tundra and Artesian Piper Glen, I get googly eyed thinking of my feet/legs being massaged intensely after a 12 hour shift in the ICU.  (note the nurse smiley--thanks guys!)

Thy Dynasty Caspian 55, JaQZ J470,as well as the Limelight (though I haven't seen pix of the Pulse) are nice as well.  THe downpoint to me with Limelight, and Coyote (arctic) are 3-yr wrranties.  

I have to look at the whole pic and what I and my hubby want, and so far, HS and Caldera haven't quite been there.  

I know that beats up you HS and Caldera dealers  :-[ sorry--didn't mean to.  

But, thanks for asking!! :)

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 08:57:25 pm »

wewannahottub

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 09:04:10 pm »
I forgot to add--we checked out Bullfrog as well, and unless they now come out with "leg jet pax" and Foot jet pax" I was on the fence about them.

D1 Amore bay had by far, for a dry test, the best fitting "massage seats" that we have sat in (haven't sat in the Tundra yet)  but the other "barrier free" seat wasn't to our liking.

Tailhooker

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 09:12:27 pm »

We did, and didn't care much for them.  My hubby was too broad-ahouldered for those.  We almost wet-tested the Maxxus, but didn't since we weren' interested.

We may take a trip tomorrow and check out the JQZ j470 and re-evaluate looking at Caldera.  That is why I was hoping a Caldera rep would reply about the stereos (are they ONLY available on the Aquatic Melodies??)  I am waiting to hear from our Arctic dealer as well, to see if they have a Tundra.  

I'll let you know what occurs.

PS  we also looked at Cal spa, they had an AWESOME model (don't ask which one, I can't remember)  but again, hubby didn't fit right in the seats.  

There is a PDC spa dealer in the area but that is a brand I haven't seen mentioned on the forum.  Anyone with thoughts/concerns???

Thanks--

Chrisi
Which model was the hubby too broad for?

wewannahottub

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 09:24:25 pm »
The Optima, for one!!!  any of the other models, it became a moot point.  Which is why we almost tested the Maxxus, but even with their best deal (which we didn't discuss) it wasn't a tub we were interested it, since we also have 8 yr old twins that would be in it, and that was almost too deep.  Looked great, but few seating options, if I remember correctly.  (BTW, we did like to looks of the Optima, but, as noted, looks aren't everything.)

Boy--I know that last BTW  [smiley=smiley_up.gif]statement will come back to haunt me [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

Vanguard

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 11:56:18 pm »
I didn't read the Salesperson Issues thread.  By the time I saw it, it was already too long and I didn't have time to catch up.

I understand what you are saying about the looks of those spas.  As for any spa, you obviously know by now the importance of wet testing.  Don't rule out any brand just on the basis of what it looks like it might do.

I have always found the Niagara to fully meet the needs of many people.  Based on your comments, I would certainly try wet testing that one - as well as the others you mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:56:37 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 03:06:55 am »
Chrisi,
It sounds like your therapy "wish list" is similar to my wife's -- foot and leg jets.  Mine is neck/shoulders.  If you have a dealer nearby, I would suggest you take a look at Marquis.  Their Epic has two seats with foot jets and what they call a therapy pillar -- you can stand in front of it or sit in front of it.  It will work the front and back of your legs.  My wife loved it!  FYI.
Mike

Deltanex

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 06:59:32 am »
Hai everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know we yust bought a Caldera Tahitian 2008 model.

Now all we need is the proper paperwork and we are ready to start preperation work.

Regards

Alexander
:)

RK23

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 08:54:36 am »
Hai everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know we yust bought a Caldera Tahitian 2008 model.

Now all we need is the proper paperwork and we are ready to start preperation work.

Regards

Alexander
:)

Congrats Alexander!  Happy soaking, I'm sure you will love it...please post pics when you're all set up.

wewannahottub

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:03 am »
Chrisi,
It sounds like your therapy "wish list" is similar to my wife's -- foot and leg jets.  Mine is neck/shoulders.  If you have a dealer nearby, I would suggest you take a look at Marquis.  Their Epic has two seats with foot jets and what they call a therapy pillar -- you can stand in front of it or sit in front of it.  It will work the front and back of your legs.  My wife loved it!  FYI.

Thanks IP!!

THe closest Marquis dealer is pretty far away, and I haven't really investigated their line b/c of that.  If I don't find something reasonable closer to home, it will be worth checking out!!

Chrisi

wewannahottub

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 11:03:22 am »

Congrats Alexander!  Happy soaking, I'm sure you will love it...please post pics when you're all set up.

Congrats!!  I have never heard anything bad about Caldera.  Good choice (though not for me :()

WWHT

Tailhooker

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »

Thanks IP!!

THe closest Marquis dealer is pretty far away, and I haven't really investigated their line b/c of that.  If I don't find something reasonable closer to home, it will be worth checking out!!

Chrisi
Like I said that Marquis is suppose to have great therapy, so even at 2 hrs + away I might give them a try.

Vanguard

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »
Like I said that Marquis is suppose to have great therapy, so even at 2 hrs + away I might give them a try.

Since you have mentioned both Caldera and Marquis being in San Antonio, call both in advance and set up your test.  Since you are coming from a distance, you want to make sure they are going to have the spa ready for when you arrive.  It might be a good idea to have two choices at both dealerships.  That way if you don't like your first choice, you can move to the second and see if it is a better choice.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2008, 05:09:08 pm »
Chrisi,
Vanguard's spot-on.  My best wet tests were when I did 2 or 3 brands back to back.
Alexander,
Congrats -- I've read a lot of posts from people who love their Niagara.  Post pics when you're all set-up!
Mike

wewannahottub

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »
IP and Vanguard--

We wet tested Master and D1 Amore today--Master LSX didn't fit hubby with the reverse molded neck jets, fit me well, though I had to hold myself back.  THe lougner floated us both!! :-[  Then we jumed in the Amore, b/c we were looking at the Lotus, which the dry run on the Lotus left my long-legged hubby banging knees.  The wet Amore was great in the seats, neither of us floated, but the neck jets on the head rest soaked us in the face until we turned them way down.  The bench seat wasn't uncomfortable for me, hubby doesn;t care for it though, but moving around the bench meant you were hitting parts in the nether regions  :o OMG :o but if it landed in the quads, it felt good.  

So, in the meantime, we are waiting to test the Arctic Tundra and Dynasties which will both be at the same dealer.

Longing for a hot tub epeihany day :-/ :( ::)

CHrisi

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 05:01:14 pm »
You def need to wet test the Niagara and Piper Glen WWHT.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 05:01:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42