What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I adding chemicals correctly?  (Read 2334 times)

Shanezam203

Am I adding chemicals correctly?
« on: March 26, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »
Hey guys, I have had my hot tub for about 2 months now...  I put in a cap full of shock when I get out, otherwise I put in Saniclor daily.  Then I run the #1 jet for a little while.  Also I put in PH down when needed.

Any other suggestions, should I be cleaning the filters every few weeks?

Thanks,
Shane

Hot Tub Forum

Am I adding chemicals correctly?
« on: March 26, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »

RK23

Re: Am I adding chemicals correctly?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
Hi Shane,

I'm no expert, but one thing that seems clear is that there is no one right way to treat a tub.  Everyone's water chemistry and usage levels are different.  If your water is staying clear, clean and odor free and you're periodically testing your water and the levels are in the right ranges, you're doing fine.

Most folks will recommend your first water change inside of four months.

-Russ

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:00:31 am »
You don't need to shock your tub every time you use it.  I shock our tub every other week with chlorine and add 2-3 tsp of chlorine after each use.  We use our tub daily and it's around 360 gallons.  I test the water weekly and adjust as necessary.  I would rinse out your filters once a month with a garden hose and clean them with filter cleaner at each water change; which is approximately every 3-4 months.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:00:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42