What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hey Term  (Read 3387 times)

Water Boy

Hey Term
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:14:51 pm »
I was checking in on your store and noticted you were pitching to that couple with the lady in the pink. Did they buy??? Nice looking store you have there btw!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Hey Term
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:14:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hey Term
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:25:16 pm »
No sir.  They were looking for a "small spa", then a "cheap spa".  I said we have small spas that are cheap, then they said they wanted a "4 person spa that is cheap", so I showed them the Solana RX and SX on the plasma TV (don't have those on the floor).

I told her she could buy spas all day for $500 out of the Thrifty Nickel, but that it was a big risk.  She said they'd been there, done that, and I was right about all the problems in taking that route.

They asked if we carried "inflatable spas" and I said that I had seen those in the airline magazine and she said that is where she saw them.  I told her I thought they were about $900 and the reasons why.  I then said that depending on what they wanted it to do, it might be the spa for them.  We talked a little about this and that.  They had diamond piercings in their eyebrows which looked painful.

I gave them a brochure and business card, told them to have a happy Easter, and invited them back in a couple of weeks to see the spas in person.

Thanks for the compliment about my store.  I think it's ugly (compared to our other two), but it will be a beautiful swan once we expand.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »
Term, I'm sitting here watching it snow outside, and you are getting a tan.
It's just not right I tell ya! :P

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:04:53 pm »
I was excercising and contemplating the state of world affairs and wishing I'd bought beer for work today.

Termitanator

shortspark

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:33:52 pm »
Ugly?  Your store is not ugly at all.  I always enjoy going in there when I'm in Longview and never thought it was ugly.  And it becomes a beautiful oasis indeed when Holly and the other girls are there for festivities.  As far as I was concerned, it was the most beautiful places in the world during last April's 30th bash.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 06:04:13 pm »
Thanks Marty...it does get lively around here...from time to time:

Term
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 06:04:30 pm by East_TX_Spa »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:53:06 pm »
Term, I'm sitting here watching it snow outside, and you are getting a tan.
It's just not right I tell ya! :P

I'm a newbie--but I would rather be in the snow when I am in a hot tub!!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:05:17 am »

Admitting you have this problem is the first step in finding healing. Go with it!!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:27:58 am »

Mendo and I just had this conversation on the phone a couple nights ago. He's in California and I'm in Edmonton AB and for the life of me, I can't figure out the desire to use a spa at 80+ degrees. Not only that, we talked about the position of these monster 6" covers now being offered and I guess I just don't see the advantage? I get that electrical costs are an issue but come on....  :-?

We use to have many customers that only used their spa in the winter months and would shut them down during the summer. No kidding!

Thicker covers don't provide better insulation values but rather offer better strength for concerns like snow load, etc. When I told him that years ago I had a Beachcomber spa that had a 3-2" tapered cover as standard equipment, I could hear him fall off of his chair! (maybe it was just the chair giving way to all that weight!  ;D )

That spa never ran me more than $30 per month here in Northern Alberta and the snow never melted on the cover. We sold thousands of those! I guess marketing has as much to do with it than anything with these 6” puppies... The thicker ones don't last any longer or provide more efficiency but they are more expensive and will provide additional strength if you have a big dog or kids that jump on the cover.

Just my rambling thoughts for the morning... ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:29:39 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:27:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42