What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Training  (Read 2311 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Spa Training
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:44 am »
Good morning all,

When one buys a spa, where does the training actually take place? I was under the assumption that once a new tub is ready for operation, the dealer comes out to the home and goes over everything with you. Am I a hammerhead for thinking this?

Skellman

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Training
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:44 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa Training
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:32:35 am »
Good morning all,

When one buys a spa, where does the training actually take place? I was under the assumption that once a new tub is ready for operation, the dealer comes out to the home and goes over everything with you. Am I a hammerhead for thinking this?

Skellman

It's good business practise to do so (within a reasonable distance) but this is up to the individual dealer.

We did it with every spa we sold within 1 hour from our store. After the electrical is hooked up and the tub was filled, we asked that our customers call us and we would come out and go through the operation of the spa, how to care for the filters and a complete overview of watercare & balancing. This would normally take 30-60 minutes and was a very key aspect of the spa sale to us and to our customers.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:55:05 am by Steve »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:37:42 am »
Good morning all,

Skellman
Did you ask your salesman for an in-store training session? I would think that he could do it at the store if a house visit is out of the question.

Just my 2 cents worth..
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 01:46:46 pm »
We use to go to the home and do an orientation, only to find that we would spend an hour in the home and typically an hour in the car, before the tech could get back to the store the customer would be calling asking questions that we had already covered. Our new policy is to get them started with start up chems upon delivery and show them the basics. After 4 or 5 days after having the spa in their yard we invite them to bring a water sample and questions they might  have about the operation. This method does 3 things, #1 it gives the customer a chance to get to know their tub on their own by giving them a hands on approach of learning by using "most customers don't generally read their owners manual". #2 it in fact saves money and time for the company(most of what you teach goes in one ear and out the other).#3 it gets the customer use to coming to our store to get info and products.(we are her 7 days a week to serve you).
-SpaMan~

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 02:23:42 pm »
I almost always do a personal in-home training.  In the event that I can't go, I send someone I feel is equally capable.  The only time we don't do one is if the customer is getting a replacement spa and doesn't feel they need a new orientation.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 05:05:03 pm »
We use to go to the home and do an orientation, only to find that we would spend an hour in the home and typically an hour in the car, before the tech could get back to the store the customer would be calling asking questions that we had already covered. Our new policy is to get them started with start up chems upon delivery and show them the basics. After 4 or 5 days after having the spa in their yard we invite them to bring a water sample and questions they might  have about the operation. This method does 3 things, #1 it gives the customer a chance to get to know their tub on their own by giving them a hands on approach of learning by using "most customers don't generally read their owners manual". #2 it in fact saves money and time for the company(most of what you teach goes in one ear and out the other).#3 it gets the customer use to coming to our store to get info and products.(we are her 7 days a week to serve you).

+1

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:17 am »
When I purchased my spa, the sales person came to the house to train and make sure everything operating.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:11 am »
Our customers loved that we came out after the fact and being that very few dealers in our area offered that level of after sales service, it was a service that gained us many referrals and was worth the cost, time and energy to do so.

I couldn't imagine running a spa business and not doing it...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:50:00 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42