What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To drain or not to drain?  (Read 1979 times)

guyplayeur

To drain or not to drain?
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »
Have had our Hot Springs Sovereign for 6 months (thanks for all those who provided valuable advice on this board when deciding on the purchase!).

Wondering.  We're still on our first fill-up and the water is still as clear as the day we filled it.  The manual of course recommends 6 months at the most between water changes, but I'm wondering if that's really necessary.  If it ain't broke...

Pros/Cons, everyone?

-sam

Hot Tub Forum

To drain or not to drain?
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: To drain or not to drain?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46:54 pm »
Have had our Hot Springs Sovereign for 6 months (thanks for all those who provided valuable advice on this board when deciding on the purchase!).

Wondering.  We're still on our first fill-up and the water is still as clear as the day we filled it.  The manual of course recommends 6 months at the most between water changes, but I'm wondering if that's really necessary.  If it ain't broke...

Pros/Cons, everyone?

-sam

You shouldn't drain just because of a recommendation just as someone who is having trouble with their water after 3 months shouldn't avoid draining because they haven't met that magical number.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:04 am »

Pros/Cons, everyone?

-sam

See for yourself.  Turn all the jets on, run them a few seconds, make a mental note.  Change the water and try it again.  Fresh clean water is easy to forget how it looks.  Mine is currently 5 months old because of the weather.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42