What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Sunbelt Spa  (Read 11774 times)

Deltanex

Thinking of buying a Sunbelt Spa
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:39:49 pm »
Hello everyone,

Sorry but my English is somewhat rusty because I am from the Netherlands.

After reading many articles on this forum I had to realize nowbody ever talks about the one manufacturer I am considering of buying a spa from.

Does anyone have some experiance with Sunbelt? And can anyone tel me something about the Shadow model?

Regards,

Alexander

Hot Tub Forum

Thinking of buying a Sunbelt Spa
« on: March 19, 2008, 07:39:49 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Thinking of buying a Sunbelt Spa
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:54:26 pm »
Deltanex......

I know nothing about Sunbelt Spas, but I went to their site.
Wow they make 80 spas?

This one has my interest. It is described as a "Spillover Spa".
Does that mean it's an inground for placement next to a pool?

http://www.sunbeltspas.com/spa-details.aspx?SKU=SPL-SQ-7-14&ReturnURL=/spa-selector-results.aspx?Category=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&page=1&pagesize=8&text=&EPCString1=6-7&EPCString2=&EPCString3=

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:18:23 pm »
Welcome Alexander!  Just wondering, do you have a local dealer in the Netherlands or would you have to order without the option of wet testing?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:17 pm »
They either bought the molds of or used to be Aquatic Industries.  Family-owned business.  They go back in the business and know what they're doing.  Smaller scale producer.  Nothing real flashy, but not typically a problem tub manufacturer.  As with any spa purchase though, I would look for a local dealer as their support can be important, especially if you're in the Netherlands since they're in Texas.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:11:48 am »
Sunbelt is a mass producer who sells both directly to the public as well as to dealers who can then take the Sunbelt shell and add their own jets to them in their own configurations.  It's not a bad spa but sometimes the methods of insulation don't work as well as some of the name brand tubs.  I think Sunbelt uses "thermal pane" rather than full foam.  If your weather is cold (i.e. under 0-celius frequently) a sunbelt spa may cost you more to run than a comparable Hot Springs, Dimension One or Jacuzzi foam tubs would.  In the US, the Sunbelt products are typically under $6,000 vs. name brands that sell for around $10,000.  So, if you can buy it for about 40% less than a name brand, it may be worth it.  However, if it's only a few thousand dollars less, don't bother.  Spend the $'s and get the "real deal" with a true brand manufacturer.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Deltanex

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:07:32 am »
Thanks all for your swift reactions.

I noticed the price difference between the US and The Netherlands. It is huge. However that is the case for most of the spa manufacturers.

The Netherlands has a Importer / Assembling Firm Called Fonteynspas. They are the largest importer in Europe and have about 700 Spa's in stock. I have been to the assembly line and it looks impressive. Also they use the best known parts like Balboa and Aqua-Flo. This is one of the main reasons I'am tempted. After a wet test there are tree ishues I'am worried about. The launge seat is a bit narrow at the end so I have to move over my right leg to fit when I am totaly streched-out. I think the power of the jets could have been a little bit stronger. And the optional led light system (25 leds) is'nt dimmable.

One of the good things is that their spa's come with an optional Electronic salt based cleaning system.

Caldera was also on my list however the Moorea model )(however great) costs about $ 14000,- US. And is therefore out of my budget. Also the two Dutch Dealerships are much smaller then Sunbelts Fonteynspas.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:07:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42