What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally pulled the trigger!  (Read 6221 times)

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
Finally pulled the trigger!
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:20:48 am »
Well, after months of hearing me rack my brain, I finally did it!  Today, my wife and I order a 2008 Marquis Epic -- Cedar Durawood cabinet and Almond Pearl shell, with the Constellation lighting.  Landscaping work is scheduled for the second week in April, and I should be soaking within a month!  Finally!!!!!   ;D
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Finally pulled the trigger!
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:20:48 am »

Vanguard

Re: Finally pulled the trigger!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:30:12 am »
Congrats!!  Be sure to post the pictures when you're done.   After all your research and time, I'm sure you're looking forward to your first soak.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:35:44 am »
Way to go Mike!
The Epic is an awesome spa. You'll really like that shell color. Keep us updated on your progress and here's to a fast and trouble-free delivery and set-up.....

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:02:42 am »
Congrats Parrothead...tell me about that almond pearl shell color..I believe it is new. And what color cover did you pick? I am guessing the Wildwood.

You will love your tub; the therapy is fantastic.... ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

IL Parrothead

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:28:32 am »
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!
Yes Bonibelle, the almond pearl came out in '07 and was matched on that special line with the Mocha cabinet and darker cover.  I did get the Wildwood cover -- matches the cedar colored deck and the siding on my house better.  I will definitely fire up the digital camera once I'm installed.
Mike

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 01:35:27 pm »
"After all your research and time"

Parrothead what were the most important deciding factors in your final decision?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 01:36:29 pm »
Congrats with the Epic. I hear they are great spas. Are you in the Chicago area?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 01:54:34 pm »
Could have saved yourself a lot of time and trouble by just listening to Bonibelle in the first place.  :)

Enjoy your new tub!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 02:28:42 pm »
WOW Dax, would you please come down and talk to my kids????  ;) ;D ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:26:25 pm »
enjoy the tub....I have soaked in many and I think there are several really nice spas but for total therapy the Epic is tough to beat and we carry several brands....Congratulations....

IL Parrothead

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 01:25:09 am »
Thanks again, everyone.
Dax, you're right (as was Bonnibelle).  As a matter of fact, after the Epic wet test, my wife was hooked 100%.  I was too, but because I knew I couldn't purchase just yet, I went on a few more wet tests.  Kept coming back to the Epic though.
Gombo, yes -- I am in the Chicago area.
And Zep -- it was therapy.  The deep therapy seat was the favorite seat of me and my wife of all the tubs we tried (and, as alluded to in Vanguard's post, we tested a lot of tubs).  I liked the Adirondack chair too, and there's even a third seat with neck jets.  The neck jets felt awesome -- and that's where my biggest therapy needs are.  And the neck jets are controlled with a separate valve next to each of the 3 seats that have them.
My wife was wowed by the therapy pillar.  This is unlike any jets on any other tub we tried.  You can sit on the floor of the tub and use them as a large jet.  You can stand in front of them and work on your legs -- even the fronts of your legs.  And the sales manager says he kneels in the tub and loosens up his chest muscles with that pillar.
Last thing was...it fit us.  Whenever I went to get up, the grab rails molded into the tub shell were right where my hands went.  That's the kind of thing you only find out through wet testing.  And thanks to all of you, I took your advice and did just that.  I've made it a point to tell others looking the exact same thing.
I'll post pics as soon as I'm up & running.  Thanks again to all of you for your help!
Mike

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 10:16:23 am »
WOW Dax, would you please come down and talk to my kids????  ;) ;D ;D

So you have your husband under control then?  ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 11:49:33 am »
uhhhh..kind of..at least until football season  ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 12:10:55 pm »
Well, after months of hearing me rack my brain, I finally did it!  Today, my wife and I order a 2008 Marquis Epic -- Cedar Durawood cabinet and Almond Pearl shell, with the Constellation lighting.  Landscaping work is scheduled for the second week in April, and I should be soaking within a month!  Finally!!!!!   ;D

Congrats Parrot. I was wondering if you've ever get around to making a decision and just hope for your wife sake you didn't take so long to decide when proposing!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:11:21 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

IL Parrothead

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 03:24:41 pm »
Nope.  Although I did propose to her when she was drunk on St. Pat's Day!
<------ 100% Irish!   :P
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 03:24:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42