What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lack Of Dealer Locators  (Read 4765 times)

Chubby Johnson

Lack Of Dealer Locators
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »
So far I have found two hot tub websites that do not have dealer locators.

strongpools.com is an outdated website to begin with but offers no locator.

trspas.com is a current site but again, offers no dealer locator. They don't even offer an 800 number for customers to call them.

I guess I just don't understand the logic behind a company not offering a zip code dealer locator. Why wouldn't you want customers to know where they could buy your product?

Hot Tub Forum

Lack Of Dealer Locators
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Lack Of Dealer Locators
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »
I don't think they're mainstream spa manufacturers.

I would guess that most of the national spa manufacturers have a fairly updated locator.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:40:00 pm by Vinny »

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:53:28 pm »
You're right about that. All of the big league hot tub manufacturers have some kind of dealer locator. I don't care for the ones that make you fill in name, address, email, etc. very much. If I wanted to get brochures or speak with a rep I would just call an 800 number(provided the company had one).

That very point is all the more reason for the smaller companies to have a locator available.  To me it's just a basic, common sense thing.  If a company wants my business, i.e., wants my money, don't make it a challenge for me to find your product.

RK23

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:52:29 pm »
It's very likely that neither of those companies have a strong dealer presence, if any at all.  Three River doesn't even tell you where their corp hq is located.  As it appears you have figured out, I would steer clear of these.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »
What I'd like to know is with all the spa manufacturers out there why would you want to buy a spa from a "no name" brand? I could see if it was a manufacturer with a strong local presence but a spa company that sells few spas a year isn't going to be around long. Personally I would think you are better off going to Costco or Walmart and buying a spa from them before buying for one of the other spas you mentioned.

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 02:09:15 pm »
I wouldn't buy one of these tubs.  They just piqued my interest when I didn't see a zip code locator

I talked about this with my wife and she wondered the same thing. Why would a manufacturer go to the trouble of making a hot tub and creating a website but not tell you where the product is located?.....

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:07 pm »
I don't care for the ones that make you fill in name, address, email, etc. very much.

The manufacturer must think that not everyone is bothered by submitting this information first. Perhaps not everyone feels like you do. Of course, no manufacturer would bother to respond to an inquiry from "Chubby Johnson" anyway . ;)
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:13:40 am »

The manufacturer must think that not everyone is bothered by submitting this information first. Perhaps not everyone feels like you do. Of course, no manufacturer would bother to respond to an inquiry from "Chubby Johnson" anyway . ;)

Every guy thinks like a Chubby Johnson to some degree and in this case I agree with the Chubber as I find the data mining in place of a dealer locator to be a MAJOR turnoff. If they had a spot to enter your info that would be fine AS LONG AS it were optional and right next to where you enter your zip code in their dealer locator. To me the sites have that alone remind me of the car giveaways in the mall where all you have to do is fill out that card. I'd love to win the car but I know they're just fishing for info and I don't want anyone calling me about a time share and I'm not filling out that space on the spa website either, but that's jut me (and a few million other people I'm sure).

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:27:42 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 11:50:39 am »
I think that if you look at actual marketing  statistics, you'll find that although less people will be willing to fill in their personal data, the manufacture will sell more spas doing this, rather than simply providing a dealer locater.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 04:00:37 pm »

Why don't you like my username?  Yes, it's a ficticious name but it is slightly humorous.
Maybe you should lighten up a bit.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »

To me the sites have that alone remind me of the car giveaways in the mall where all you have to do is fill out that card. I'd love to win the car but I know they're just fishing for info

FYI, for the Americans here, if you fill out one of these things, (Mall car giveaways) you are effectively off the DO NOT CALL LIST.   Its in the fine print and worded in such a way, whoever they sell their list to is their partner and by filling out the sweepstakes you have established a business relationship with them
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:58:12 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 01:46:05 pm »

Why don't you like my username?  Yes, it's a ficticious name but it is slightly humorous.
Maybe you should lighten up a bit.

I think the " ;) " after his comment meant that it was totally a joke. Not everyone has a sense of humor but that's OK too Chubby! ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:47:17 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 02:10:57 pm »

I think the " ;) " after his comment meant that it was totally a joke. Not everyone has a sense of humor but that's OK too Chubby! ;)

Chubbie Johnson is new and obviously misread that. When Chubby is a Full Member he'll be more at attention. ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:11:35 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

Chubbie Johnson is new and obviously misread that. When Chubby is a Full Member he'll be more at attention. ;)

Well I'm almost 3000 posts and STILL pay little attention to what you guys say!  ;D ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42