What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Name for a new spa line .... help please  (Read 6996 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Name for a new spa line .... help please
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 04:05:25 pm »
Chas, if your goal is to sell counterfeit Chinese products, be sure and at least put a little more thought into your advertising than Jack did:

I have found a whole bunch of absolute rip-off spa companies during my search and will try to post the information when I get a chance.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 04:05:25 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 05:20:03 pm »
This one's actually a pretty good alternative for people that would typically buy a Costco spa or a Softub:

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:28:35 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 05:45:20 pm »

Jack's Uzi.  
I think that's the new Israeli spa, isn't it?
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 10:38:32 am »
Well, after two days at the Home Show from Hell, and looking forward to spending all day there again today, I have some new ideas for us -

"HowmanyJets and HowmanyHorsePower Spas"

or

"Whatsyerpriceonthatone? Spas"

or

"HowManyHaveYouSold Spas"

Now I remember why I haven't done one of these stupid things for close to ten years!!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 02:47:48 pm »
Chas,

Your show cannot be as bad as ours.  Our tent blew away.  We were having a tent sail. :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »
Actually, our tent DID blow away! Wow. You too?

We set up one on Thursday that was a wimpy thing I bought from Harbor Freight. It was blown to bits in a couple of hours - well before the home show opened. The second one was a real tent - a manly thing 30x30. And it started to come apart just as people began to filter in. The weather kept most folks at home, but the ones who came didn't stay in our booth long.

The fairgrounds workers came over and told me all about how they would help people sue me if the tent went wild, but they did nothing to help. My team was on the way with ropes, garbage cans to fill with water and stakes. But just as they rolled up a big gust almost took it. They tied it to the bumper of our truck, or it would have been gone with the wind.

We suddenly realized that one of the fairground workers also works for me as a delivery helper, and the next thing I knew there were 15 people, a forklift and a water truck all working to keep our tent in place! They brought a pallet with some cement blocks, some rope, some plastic barrels, and the water truck to fill them in seconds. It was amazing! I hope I don't get some sort of bill for it all.

But the wall of our tent had to come down, and once that was down the wind blew through our 'booth' like crazy. All the silk plants and closing table stuff had to go, and we couldn't hold onto brochures or anything. It was impossible to talk to people, and it did the same today, but with ICY COLD on the wind. We sold a Jetsetter, an RX and got one lead on an Envoy. Oh, and watched a lot of people walk away shivering. Welcome to Paradise.

I could have faxed in that much business...

I bet it will be gorgeous tomorrow as we move the spas back and the tent guys show up!!

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42