What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Renegade Dirt Bags....  (Read 1674 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Renegade Dirt Bags....
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:07:14 pm »
I just got a call from an elderly woman who is trying to find someone to work on her leaking Brand X spa.  She had the misfortune of crossing paths with one of the sleazy "spa repair" douches which operate in this area and seem to target older folks and rip them off every which way to Sunday.  She gave him a $275 check so he could order a new pump, and then he came back and said he needed an addtional $200 to get another part for it.  She never saw him, her parts, or her money again. >:(

At least twice a month I get a call like this and it enrages me!

Do any of you guys run across someone like this in your area?

One of the local dealers uses these guys and they are crooked, top to bottom, inside and out.

I hope they die soon.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Renegade Dirt Bags....
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:07:14 pm »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
Re: Renegade Dirt Bags....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »
Had two of those up here in the last few years.

I get along great with the other legit techs in the area.  

In both cases we provided "incentives" to their existing customers.  

We've not only picked up additional clientele (not much $ made on the first calls), and helped a few individuals - BOTH OF THEM HAVE GONE OUT OF BUSINESS!

These guys are bad for ALL of us in the industry.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:39:45 pm »
There's a local spa repair guy here in Edmonton that fits that description. He screws people anyway he can. A few years ago, his company went out of business and he filled for bankruptcy. How do I know? Cause I got paid a couple hundred bucks instead of a few thousand and was one of many on the list of people he owed money to.

He now operates just west of the city (Stony Plain) and has opened up another spa repair company under his girlfriends name and is doing the same thing all over again. How he gets people/companies to supply him parts, etc. is beyond me after screwing his suppliers and customers for so long and leaving them with nothing...

Personally, I dream of meeting up with him in a dark alley one day.... >:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:39:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42