What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie just beginning to look - advice requested  (Read 5383 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Newbie just beginning to look - advice request
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:49:50 am »
Good point about foot wells.  Leg room is important.  I also like something to put my feet against to push back into the seat. My Geneva has a slight  ridge that does the trick. The Caspian had the foot dome. that I could push back on.  -  Ahhhh foot domes.  Do yourself a favor and wet test a tub that has a foot dome.  ;)

and I think it might have been mentioned in this thread, but it bears repeating....

6 seats does NOT mean seats 6.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:50:17 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:49:50 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:19 pm »
gcd.....

i love my foot dome.....wouldn't own a hot tub without the foot dome jets

the waterfall is nice whether you're in the tub or entertaining outside

i also like the LED underwater light that changes color

wet test and test your dealer

see how accommodating they are to all your requests

i didn't get the lounger because I didn't want to lose a seat
(some people love them though)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »
As everyone said, DO NOT buy without wet testing several spas. Many brands are starting to add stone-look siding to their line, which may look good with your landscaping.  Look for ozone, it makes a difference. Mine is usually just for me, but my kids come in on weekends. We also use it as a little pool here in FL, so the air pump helps cool it down.

I was so sure I wanted a lounge when I started. I found I floated in every lounge. In fact, I floated in many seats, or the jets pushed me out of the seats. The only spas I could enjoy had either the foot dome or the ridge like my Caldera. I chose my Caldera for these reasons:
1-the foot ridge
2-no foot dome....although I like them, I really like the open floor, and use it a lot. Sometimes I sit down in the floor well! I have a great foot jet on the edge of the floor.
3-the open seating....I love to move around from seat to seat, but I still have one captain's chair w/ neck jets. I also can put my feet up on any seat, and make my own lounge.
4-the cool down seat, both for my toddler and for cooling down!
5-the variety of seating heights and jets
6-the mini lounge-it doesn't take up the room of a lounge, but you can sit in the foot area (I love the foot jets on my butt!...I know TMI)
7-the external lights that cycle w/the internal ones. I love that.

I am not trying to sell my spa to anyone, I'm just pointing out the things that were important to me as I looked. Had I not wet tested, I would have ended up buying a spa that I really did not enjoy being in, just looking at.
Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42