What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo  (Read 4113 times)

Kawwboy

Sundance Cameo
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:02:06 pm »
Hi.. from Central North Dakota

First I want to thank all of you for your help in picking out my first tub. I have been lurking here for some time now. Decided it was time to come clean ::)

I have just about three months in my 2007 Cameo. I have been soaking at least once a day for usually 30 min. I have neck, shoulder, and back problems. Don't know how I got by without it, love it.

I looked at Hotspring Aria $8995, Vista $8995, and Envoy  $7995. Aria lounge fit the best. I am 6' with a long torso.
I looked at Jacuzzi/Coleman..J-465 $9399 and J-355 $7707
These were both close 80 mi. away
The Sundance dealer is around 70 mi away
I looked at several sundance models, Wet tested the Cameo and Certa. The Certa lounge was to short for me.
I ended up getting the Cameo for $9750. stereo,ozone,cover lifter,steps,chem. starter,extra filter,tax and delivery. This was the one I wet tested.
I looked at used ones to start with, then stepped up, a price range at a time till I spent more than planned. Thats the American way right!!?

Thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:02:06 pm »

Brothersean

Re: Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:16:41 pm »
Congradulations!!!!

Have fun.............Sean

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:10:14 pm »
Congrats on the Cameo. You picked a great model. Post some pics for us when you have time....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:13:10 pm »
Excellent choice!  8-)

I've had my 2007 Cameo for a little over 8 months now, and couldn't be happier.  The lounge is my fave seat and fits me perfectly.  Use mine just about everyday as well.  As a matter of fact, I just got out of it.

FWIW, I paid about $550 less, but that didn't include the stereo nor an extra filter.  So I'd say you got a very nice deal!

Kawwboy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:29:01 pm »
Brothersean

I tryed to reply to your message..have to have ten posts to do this...

My neck is fused.C5/C6. I broke it ten years ago. My shoulders and into my neck are a nagging ache/ have arthritis. My left shoulder aches down into my arm. Some of this is do to my neck.

The neck jets are a little high in the lounger for me. Even higher in the therapy seat. The shoulders is what bothers me the most and they do a great job there. I have to slouch a little to get the neck jets on the base of my neck. They are soft, but do the trick.  
I love the lounger. The flow control should be by the lounger,with the air control.
I end up adding about 1-2 inches of water a week. If you don't the neck jets when on high will squirt water out of the tub. The tool that they send with to adjust or turn off the neck jets is a joke.
All the other jets work great.

The seat that is getting to be one of my favorites besides the lounger is the cool down seat next to the filter. That big whirlpool jet feels good on my lower back when in the seat. Then I sit on the floor and let it work my neck and shoulders. It made a believer out of me when they talk about small jets versus large ones. It is just great.

That same jet by the therapy seat makes no sense to me. It should be with that single jet in the seat by the lounger.

One thing that I have a question about is the cover seems to leak around the speakers. It forms ice around the speakers, on the down wind side more so. This is when it is below zero and windy. Should be some way to seal this?

I just about forgot chemicals...have been using dichor and a weekly shock with enhanced spa shock. The TA moves around on me some but the PH stays pretty true. I have the same water...just about three months now. I got tired of trying to read the strips and bought a accu test meter. Like it. I think I tended to over manage the water at first. My dealer would just shake his head.

I forget now, but I think when I called the rural water co. .They said 90 calcium, 7.5 ph, seems like 200 for the tds

My highest electric bill has been $200 this last month..but we were cold..alot of 20 below..even had a few of 50-60 below with the wind chill....the lowest it ever was is around $70
Have been spending more time in the house this winter it seems like too. ..So who knows!!! It is worth it

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 05:34:54 pm »
Hi Kawwboy and welcome to the forum, I sent you a pm so rack up that post count.

Kawwboy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:50:49 am »
Hi Spahappy..

yes it was the Keller Hearth n Home in Mandan. I talked to Shirley, at the store and on the phone , she was very nice.

I live on a farm near Coleharbor. I was through Dickenson several times this summer and fall on the way to Hettinger.
I have a good friend that lives in town there. He owns a concrete bus. He had inroduced me to a gal that sold tubs,can't remember her name though.    

Brothersean

Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:14:45 am »
Kaw,

Man.........it's cold up there huh!!  WOW, c5/c6 fused, I'll stop whining about sore muscles in my neck.

Great overview of your Cameo experience. I like your idea for using the cool down seat. I'll have to try it when we get our Cameo.

Maybe that single volcano type jet you mentioned near the therapy seat is just to get the water swirling around.  Don't know.

Anyway.........good luck with your therapy........Sean

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 11:55:49 am »
Hi Spahappy..

yes it was the Keller Hearth n Home in Mandan. I talked to Shirley, at the store and on the phone , she was very nice.

I live on a farm near Coleharbor. I was through Dickenson several times this summer and fall on the way to Hettinger.
I have a good friend that lives in town there. He owns a concrete bus. He had inroduced me to a gal that sold tubs,can't remember her name though.    

Well if your friends name is Willie, you met me.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 12:18:28 pm »

Well if your friends name is Willie, you met me.

I remember meeting you and Willie backstage when ya'll played at Billy Bob's back in '06!

Termie (A HUGE Fan!)
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 04:18:38 pm »
Maybe that single volcano type jet you mentioned near the therapy seat is just to get the water swirling around.  Don't know.

I like the feel of that whirlpool jet on my arms.  Not to mention that it can be directed towards Mr. Happy while sitting in the therapy seat.  8-)  ;D

Kawwboy

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »
Small world !!
I tried to get Willie as you call him, to get you to get ahold of me about the used tub you talked about.
I just don't remember seeing that...Term knows..bottle of what ever............. ;D    

Kawwboy

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:27 pm »
By the way...
I was to a sport show in Minot today
The FAMOUS spa co. had a big tub there...on sale
Tv..stereo, lots of lights...regular price $11995..on sale for $9000 and something...quite a show........
I went up with bro inlaw and sister to look at $200,000 motorhomes...we had free hotdogs

Beverages after were good though........... ::)  

spahappy

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »
Small world !!
I tried to get Willie as you call him, to get you to get ahold of me about the used tub you talked about.
I just don't remember seeing that...Term knows..bottle of what ever............. ;D    

Not so much a small world as it's a very unpopulated state we live in, but hey that's why we choose to live here.

I'm bummed that we couldn't connect on the used tub, (I'll have to give Willie some sh@@ over that) However I'm glad you spent the extra cash and got the tub that worked out the best for you. Sundance is a well made spa.

Oh yeah the night we met I was wearing my other bottle, "Hot 100"

Take care and have a good weekend, I've just had two back to back wet tests here at the store,(sold two Colemans), and now I'm headed to the Redcoach to bench press some Bombay and grapefruit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42