What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need tech advise for Prodigy  (Read 1628 times)

daaw

need tech advise for Prodigy
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:09:03 pm »
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well.  I haven’t visited the forum in awhile because my work now blocks the POTD  >:(.

Anyway I have a problem and I hope someone can give me some advice.  

I had to replace the circ pump on my Prodigy several months ago and all went well until last weekend and I noticed it was making a funky sound like maybe the bearings were going bad.  Anyway I got another pump from my dealer, who by the way was GREAT and gave me a new one.  Of course he has to send the defective one off to Watkins and they will either accept or reject it.  We’ll see about that, but I will remain optimistic.  

The new pump had a different base (better design IMO) so I was forced to remove the electronic control panel to attach the pump properly.  In doing so I unhooked two cables that are causing me concern when re-hooking.  

I have attached a pic that has the two problem areas circled in red.

The first is a phone type, that when I unhooked, crumbled as if it was disintegrated by chemicals or something.  I can put a new jack on the end of the cable but do not know the correct wiring sequence.  With the clip down, does anyone know the correct way to arrange the wires prior to crimping?

The other cable is a small flat cable that attaches to the circuit as shown in the other red circle.  Does the red stripe on the ribbon cable go up or down?  I think “up” but have tried to gently push it in place but it does not hold and I don’t want to force it.  Can anyone advise?  Any tricks to getting it set in place?

Sorry so long and thanks in advance for any help.

PS  The great thing about not being able to look at the POTD at work is that when I remember to look at home, I get to see maybe two weeks worth at one time!!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 05:56:51 am by daaw »

Hot Tub Forum

need tech advise for Prodigy
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:09:03 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: need tech advise for Prodigy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 07:34:56 pm »
I'm at home now...but if you email my store, scarritt@snet.net , I'll get you the sequence in the morning... doesn't the ribbon cable have a notch on the end connector? And I'll ask a silly question about your remote interior panel phone cable line...You don't have the end you snipped off?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

daaw

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »
I'll check the ribbon cable for the notch...and I'm sending an email...THANKS

the phone cable end piece literally fell apart in my hands!  thanks for letting me know it goes to my remote panel!!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42