What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearwater Orlando or Dynasty Caspian 55??  (Read 4647 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Clearwater Orlando or Dynasty Caspian 55??
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:32:10 pm »
PLEASE HELP!!  We are looking at spas, and so far are liking the Clearwater Orlando (Signature Series) which has 2 GREAT looking total massage seats (not a lounger) neck to foot, (but costs $$$!) and also the Dynasty Caspian 55, which has fewer jets, cool jet  lights though, and costs less.  Comfy sitting in dry test, has nice neck and shoulder therapy.  (Yes, we plan on wet testing prior to purchase.)
We were wondering if anyone has had experience (unbiased please!) with either spa or spa manufacturer.  

Also, looking for other recommended brands--Caldera is nice and has great reviews, but we like more therapy options--I want neck/shoulder/leg/foot.  Of note as well, friends have an Arctic which is awesome!! but we like extra "bells and whistles".
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Clearwater Orlando or Dynasty Caspian 55??
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:32:10 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Clearwater Orlando or Dynasty Caspian 55??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:08:41 pm »
PLEASE HELP!!  We are looking at spas, and so far are liking the Clearwater Orlando (Signature Series) which has 2 GREAT looking total massage seats (not a lounger) neck to foot, (but costs $$$!) and also the Dynasty Caspian 55, which has fewer jets, cool jet  lights though, and costs less.  Comfy sitting in dry test, has nice neck and shoulder therapy.  (Yes, we plan on wet testing prior to purchase.)
We were wondering if anyone has had experience (unbiased please!) with either spa or spa manufacturer.  

Also, looking for other recommended brands--Caldera is nice and has great reviews, but we like more therapy options--I want neck/shoulder/leg/foot.  Of note as well, friends have an Arctic which is awesome!! but we like extra "bells and whistles".

I have one simple suggestion WET TEST.

Caldera is a good option and I'm not too familiar with Dynasty or Clearwater but they may be fine options as well but in each case I hope you aren't looking at them dry and/or reading their spec sheets to determine which will have the best therapy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:52:11 am »
You say you like more therapy options than what is offered on the Caldera.  That makes me think you are looking a lot at jet count.  Jet count has nothing to do with the amount of therapy options.

Caldera has a seat that will massage all of your muscle groups from the feet to the shoulders.  They even coined a neat term for it:  Hot Tub Circuit Therapy.

You mentioned you will wet test.  You must do this.  If you buy a spa without wet testing you will be banned from this forum. ;D ;D  Of course I'm kidding.  But there is not one person on this forum, dealer or customer who will dissuade you from wet testing.

The Dynasty and Clearwater spas are not the top of the heap.  While Dynasty has made some progress over the last few years, they still are primarily a "bling" spa.  You mentioned they had cool jet lights.  That is kind of what they are about.

Check out the top manufacturers who are represented by good dealers in your area.  Ask lots of questions of the dealers to make sure they are on the up and up.  Read through the forum and you will find a lot of the good brands mentioned in here.

Good luck in your search.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dipstick

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 10:24:38 am »
Clearwater or Dynasty, that is like two kids arguing over who has the nastier smelling farts. It does not matter they both stink.

Caldera is a decent brand.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:57:54 am »
Vangurds got good advice.  Don't go by jet count. go by wet test.

I can't speak to the Dyansty or cCear water spas.  But the Caldera Geneva is a nice spa that features neck, leg and foot jets.  Worth a wet test.
07 Caldera Geneva

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:55:32 am »
 Since Clearwater spas are built an hour away from me, I know a little about them. They are not terrible spas in any way just not a lot of exposer for them specially here.   The local dealer which is an hour away as well,  recently switched to Coleman spa's.

Also really good sources tell me they are not doing very well.  Die nasty don't know anything about them.

Tom

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:25:23 pm »
 Of note as well, friends have an Arctic which is awesome!!
Thank you!   :)

but we like extra "bells and whistles".

Please stop by your dealer store and check out the 2008 Arctic line for changes, many new features including neck/shoulder jets.  We're still not really into "bells and whistles" but we do have some things worth looking at.
http://www.arcticspas.com/index.php/en/custom_news/69/93/

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:29:10 pm by Graybeard »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:38:44 pm »
They Caspian looks like an interesting model.  I haven't seen on as my dealer closed a while ago.  Let me know if you test it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:38:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42