What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals for My Grandee  (Read 2275 times)

thomas07

Chemicals for My Grandee
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:55:46 pm »
Is it any cheaper buying chemicals online versus at the dealer? I live quite a distance from my dealer.  Are there varying degrees to the quality of a sanitizer between namebrands?  If okay to purchase online, who are some reputable sites for purchasing hottub chemicals?

Hot Tub Forum

Chemicals for My Grandee
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:55:46 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Chemicals for My Grandee
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »
Sometimes dealers sell chems just as cheap as online.

Which chems are you looking at? There may be differences.

Alklinity up is baking soda from the grocery store - it also works on you PH if your alkalinity is low as well.

rhtubs has some good prices on chlorine - Doc sells 5 lbs for $30 and it is the best deal I have seen online. Chlorine (dichlor) can have fillers and stuff that don't do anything. Doc's chlorine (all clear) is 97% available chlorine compared to some dichlor that may be 52% - the higher the available chlorine the less you need (sometimes confused with active ingredient). Make a $60 order and S&H is free - Buy some Sea Klear clarifier and MPS along with the chlorine and you are at $60 (I think)

Since I don't use a lot of chems I can't comment on the other 1,000 chems available.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Chemicals for My Grandee
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42